Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Hi all,

I was working in a working man's club today and all went well until a fella who must have been in his early 60s came in with his pal and I heard him say his Extracta machine used to be bigger than mine. I then said the Excell was the biggest Extracta produced. He told me I was "talking out my a$$" quite nastily. I could feel the jugular in my neck start to pulsate!

He then told me I was wasting my time with Stainguarding the upholstery. I asked why did he know so much about the industry. "Oh i used to do it years ago for 6 years" he said but I "made my money"!!

I doubt this was the case as this guy had some connection with the club as he was down on his knees varnishing the dance floor!! Yes he must have made a lot of money indeed!

Has anyone else come across thoroughly dislikable individuals like this? Its rare I come across many people like this. His overall personality was an argumentitive one and to be honest I was almost scared to chat to him as I like talking to people and it felt like anything I said would be argued back if you know what I mean?

Oh well for every plonker like him theres twenty nice ones!

John

PaulKing

Re: People you wanna punch but dont because you want to get paid!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 05:53:23 pm »
Not knocking you but they they did do a big machine I can't remember the name, automax i think, but it even pumped out the dirty water using the exhaust from the vacs, long long time ago, we had one that was ancient and knacker in the 80's

However I think i know the guy your talking about does his company share the name with a brand of toothpaste of so he swiped some solvent off a job we were doing ( he was also doing the dance-floor then as well) and he used it on a bitumen backed carpet in a church which had the usual reaction and the he rang to tell me the stuff I used was dangerous!! And could i do anything ! It took several hours for the knowing smile to leave my ugly mug!

As you say for every Plonker there is 20 nice ones thankfully I think theres more than that.

Had a customer ring to get a price today then tell me the fabric can't be cleaned a s/master had said it couldn't
as it was f-lon? ( i check the spelling with her) , but as it as she was so argumentative I just said "I'm sure you and s/master are correct, is there anything eles I can do for you?" off to do a inspection on it now!

When you get them just agree with them I drives them mad!

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

stevegunn

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 05:59:45 pm »
Cleaner at a nursing home telling me I would not get a stain out because she had used everything on it with her extracta bx.I removed said stain to which she replied it will come back, 2 years later stain never returned always make a point of pointing this out to her ,she doesn't even speak to me now ;D

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 06:05:18 pm »
Hi Paul

I actually did say to him that maybe they had other machines in the past but not for at least 5 years I have been dealing with them but he still wouldnt have it

As for this plonker, he was about 60 with specs from Fenham. Im sure he was put on this planet to show that not everything in nature has a purpose!

John

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 06:11:25 pm »
Once told customer that he was talking out of his ____ and sure it was first time i used the line .......... I would fart if i wanted to listen to an anus  :o

Waved his arms a bit and raised his voice ....................... tried to provoke him but was not going to play.

Never done a job big enough to outweigh the urge to chin someone that deserves it  ;D

spindle

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 06:14:26 pm »
had one of those last week

indian family.........yea i know ;)

there was 1 sml living room.1 staircase.told the "female " custy £70

then she told me if anyone was to ask i have charged her £40....
i was gonna get paid so i didnt see the point not to agree......... :-X

then the sister inlaw came around.....i told her £40..........
grandfather came to visit

then the husband came home and said " i used to do carpet cleaning"
" i had a ninja(for office cleaning)..........would have done a better job if i had used "crytsal green"

i bit my tongue..........took my money and left..

but after .when i was sitting in the van i wished i had said " well if u cleaned ur carpet more regularly then i wouldnt  have to make a black staircase carpet look almost biege again..

i used blitz on the staircase.........and believe me it needed it......

but the killer was grandad............"for £40 you can come and clean all my families houses" :o :o

they havent called .but lesson learnt!! ;D

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

john rees

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 06:24:31 pm »
Hi All
       I had one of those given to me and it was called the automax(about 20 odd years ago), I saw a cleaner near me still working with one last summer!(who advertises only the latest high tech equipment used) I still have a sales leaflet here somewhere with a picture of it! It looks like an orange coffin about the size of a long wheelbase transit! ;D

I would have told him that extracta stopped making those machines years ago because only idiots like him bought them!........................and then punched him! ;D

All the best
                               John

john

John Kelly

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 06:28:46 pm »
Should have just punched him, your're big enough ;D

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 06:32:06 pm »
Yeah but you know me John Im a lovely bloke!! And Im not in to fighting geriatrics lol

I did a thru lounge about 18 months ago and it was dark outside. I told the husband I did not like working with flurescent lighting as it wasnt as good as sunlight. He then told me his 100w bulb is just as good as he had "done a course at college on it"!!!!! What the course was gord knows! He was another clever dick!

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 07:28:47 pm »
you learn about lighting when training as an electrician learnt about it during my apprenticeship

cheers Goron

mark_roberts

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 08:06:59 pm »
Met a cleaner recently who was putting out flyers in the street i was working in.  Im a friendly type of bloke so tryed to develop a conversation.  I asked where he was from and how business was.

Told me he was going for years and from a town 15miles away which he had all sewen (sp) up.  I asked why then he was putting out flyers here. 
Reply was there wasent much work around there with all the wooden floors and walked off.

I smiled but didnt tell him I do work in that town two days a week ;D

Mark