Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

donsalter

sutorbilt vacuum pumps maintenance
« on: February 25, 2008, 02:22:23 pm »

We are looking to flush out our sutorbilt vacuum pumps; other than Vac U Lube from Spurgeons are there any other products that members have found work as well ??

Don Salter

donsalter

Re: sutorbilt vacuum pumps maintenance
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 07:47:44 am »
John from Prochem, as always a wealth of information, recommended  taking off pipes for exhaust and inlet of the sutorbilt and connecting one end to a normal portable electric vacuum. The vacuum would be sufficient to turn the vanes in the pump and then you can squirt WD 40 or equivalent in the other inlet / outlet of the pump  .
Worked BRILLIANTLY.

Don

john rees

Re: sutorbilt vacuum pumps maintenance
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 08:08:05 am »
Hi Don,
            I use WD40 at the end of every day, but last year my blower locked up when doing the worst nightclub carpet I've ever seen, I only stopped to mix some pre-spray but the sugar from the muck in the carpet must have caramalised in the blower, and locked it solid.I flushed it out by taking the lid off the waste tank and putting a hosepipe to run through the vac inlet pipe as I turned the engine over! It worked great and not had that trouble since!

All the best
                                             John
john