Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Re: NASTY PHONECALL!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 08:27:08 pm »
grrrrr, that'd annoy me, but i wouldnt of let her off though

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 08:36:44 pm »
Its her word against mine, shes just going to lie, so then its small claims court, whats the point for £35!!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

LWC

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 08:37:45 pm »
thats alot of money!

pjulk

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 08:52:20 pm »
I would have said no problem i will be putting the dirt back on.

And they do pay up then i know i have only said it the once after the old bags husband was shouting down the phone at me but got a cheque within a couple of days.

Paul

NWH

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 08:54:03 pm »
I would have said no problem i will be putting the dirt back on.

And they do pay up then i know i have only said it the once after the old bags husband was shouting down the phone at me but got a cheque within a couple of days.

Paul
[/quoteNo problem i`ll put the dirt back on,that made me lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 09:01:32 pm »
Her ( customer ): Hi is that the window cleaners?
Me: Yes
Her:its ****** from *******
Me:oh hello!
Her:Im not happy at all

Thought to myself, oh no....but I checked the job to see if it was good

Her:You cleaned my house today and I told you never to come again ( lie )

She still ows us from last time too so bill ads up to £70

Me:Well this clean was scheduled in my diary
Her:No it wasnt, youll only get £35 out of me for the last time ( 1 month overdue ), and thats it ( very aggressive tone )
Me:Well, I dont want to fall out, so ok
Her:laugh laugh laugh

Basically the problem is her B&B is struggling and now she doesnt have enough money to maintain the place, so shes resorting to lying....she was always a bad payer anyway, glad to get rid!!!!

Although I would have tried to get both payments out of her, there have been times when I've regarded a non payment as an absolute bargain because it's a good way to get rid of a PITA customer.  The money lost for the non paymentr is far less than if they had continued to be a customer for another year because PITAs have a knack of trying to slow you down and generally being awkward.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 09:03:14 pm »
threaten her with small claims court! always does the trick for me. i would of wanted all of it paying. its not the money but the principal...cheeky tart!!

No it's not.  It's the money   ;D

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 09:06:27 pm »
Id love to show her what I'm made of but it aint gonna happen! She lives quite local and is the type to spread rumors....you know the type, it just isnt worth it, Luke

Good judgement Luke, some customers can cause more damage bad mouthing your reputation , than the debt is worth. No point making yourslf ill with rage and dreaming up a million ways to seek revenge. Life is too short, make the most of the positive side of life and stay in good health.

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 09:09:34 pm »
Shame Luke - that sort of thing is unsettling and unpleasant. But at least you seem to know why it's happened.

As for what to do - depends how far you want to take it. Previous posts my have answer - it's up to you.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

johnny_h

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 09:16:57 pm »
go fill your tank with tap water and clean them again  ;D
AUDI VIDE TACE

Paul Coleman

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 09:17:06 pm »
Yes, shes just lying, she never said "dont come again". She's just too scared of saying she doesnt have enough money to pay me!!!

niceandclean

Sorry its called homebargains:

http://www.homebargains.co.uk/

use the store finder, to find one, Luke

If she's that hard up, maybe you could "treat" her to a box of eggs?   :)
Just kidding mate.  I wouldn't do it either.  It does leave a bad taste when people go sour on you though.  I've had a few down the years.  At such times, I just try to focus on the overwhelming majority of customers who are honest and decent people.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 09:30:52 pm »
Ever got a friend off the net to book a weekends B&B over Easter and not turn up?

That would be unprofessional! ;D

It's a game of three halves!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 09:51:11 pm »
Some good suggestions there but I like this most:

go fill your tank with tap water and clean them again

my tds is 24 now!!! Will find it hard to make them spotty! Luke

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

mark dew

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 10:36:25 pm »
Its her word against mine, shes just going to lie, so then its small claims court, whats the point for £35!!! Luke

i don't understand that?
She isn't a new customer so you have certified accounts of you doing the job on a regular basis. You have no documentation and nor does she (or even a phone record) that she has cancelled. If you have done this work at the same regular interval then your accounts would back you up. What does it matter if she's lied?
I can understand you not wanting to rock the boat, but she's bent you over and shagged you and you're worried about what the others might think???  :o
Better to walk if your hearts not in it but a registered letter saying you will take matter to small claims if not paid within 7 days is nothing if not professional.

Sanity

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 11:32:19 pm »
for a bill of £70 I would take her to the small claims court.  Only costs £35...

And I would add that to her bill too.

marc

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 11:51:14 pm »
or you could wash her windows with ya waste water from your ro that would leave a mess      marc

Tom Mac

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 02:57:21 pm »
Send her a letter from this web site You can print it of at home. Worked for me in the past
http://www.bestforbusiness.com/ClearText.aspx?id=224