Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sharron

rainbow vacuum cleaners
« on: November 25, 2004, 07:15:03 pm »
Hi
has anyone used a rainbow vacuum cleaner? are they any good? we have had a demo from a rep and they do seem impressive but they were really giving a hard sell and the vacs are so expensive! we are considering using them for our domestic cleaning company but £1500 is a lot to spend per vac if they don,t make a difference
hope you can help
thanks
sharron

paul@ctcs

Re: rainbow vacuum cleaners
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 10:08:26 pm »
Forget it!! That is crazy money :o
The hard sell is just commision for the salesman, If you want a premium quality vacuum regarded by professional carpet cleaners as the best you should go for a commercial Sebo upright. For a good price Nick at solutions uk is the man to speak to, i think somewhere around the £200 mark will get you a sebo and you wont regret it  :)

Especially with £1300 left in your pocket ;D

Paul

DP

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 10:29:50 pm »
Ok the only way to view this is will they benefit your business to that degree. I very much doubt it. Paul is right you will without question be paying a great big chunk of that in commission to someone.

There is also a limit as to how much you can sell the benefits of a piece of equipment to a client before they just don’t care, and with domestics its about the point you add on the first penny.

Save your money and spend it on something worth while like advertising or training. Remember  "Any fool can make money, but its the clever people that know what to do with it".
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

sharron

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 09:22:50 am »
thanks for the help, at the moment we are using henrys which are ok but not fantastic. i tried a sebo but it just didn't seem robust enough it broke during the first week of use, i use it at home now and love it but it just didn't seem able to being bashed about being lifted in and out of cars etc by staff who are not always as careful as they should be! so we went back to the henrys.
sharron

paul@ctcs

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 01:34:05 pm »
I'm surprised the sebo broke?? Many Carpet cleaners have used the same sebo for years with no problems.
 If you want a really good tub vac then check out the Nilfisk range, they really suck!!   In a good way ;D  much better than the henry vacuums and are really tough.
 About £200 should do so nothing like the rainbow vacuum's £1300

Paul

The Great One

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 03:46:30 pm »
Hi

I have a sebo BS36 and it is indeed very robust. I have been heaving it around in and out of cars upand down countless step, dropped it and have had it fallen over and yet it still goes on.

Excellent investment.

Maybe you got a dodgy or second hand one.

The only vac I would spend this kind of money on would be a Kirby and then only if I had the work to justify the cost!

Regards

Martin 8)

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 04:53:50 pm »
I have used a sebo tbs42 for the last 10 years and have only had to change the drive belt on the beater bar 6 times, it is in and out of my van several times a day and it will beat the pants of any other vac you can put up against it, so much so my wife borrows it when I get home.
they are truly a fantastic piece of kit and it owes me nothing   :D

Done 'n' Dusted

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 08:53:00 am »
how are they on hard floors? I have a lot of hard floors to clean in my dometic cleaning business and used to use my customers vacs, but I found al the uprights would simply blow the dust and hair around the floor and I would spend ages chasing it about. Some cylinders were OK, but I wanted to get a general purpose vac. In the end I bought and Black and Decker parquet, which has a hard fllor brush tool. It is good, but the vac loses it suction quickly........it is really frustrating!!
It ain't clean till it's Done 'n' Dusted!

The Great One

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 09:34:17 am »
Hi

I do a lot of letting cleans and some of the kitchen/bathroom floors are unbelievable.

Unless I am doing the carpets where I use my Sebo I use my Henry to give the floors a vac to get rid of any bits, hair, dust, etc. Then clean the floors with either mop and strong  industrial degreaser/anti bac or in some instances get down on my hands and knees!

Regards

Martin 8)

Done 'n' Dusted

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2004, 09:37:00 am »
I have to say, hands and knees really is the best way.........

paul@ctcs

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2004, 09:38:40 am »
You could try using a Commercial Nilfisk(not the aluminium type but one of there modern models) which will work well on hard floors where vacuum power is key, you could then mate this with a turbo head for carpeted areas.

Paul

Done 'n' Dusted

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2004, 12:30:40 pm »
will look into that Paul, thanx :)

Derek_Walker

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2004, 08:48:26 pm »
Hi
I have been using back pack vacuum cleaners now for quite a few years and the time saved on carpets & hard floors is phenomenal. Stairs are a breeze, well worth the investment. You can utilize all the accessories for different situations ie air turbo head for picking up hairs etc. A good one will set you back about £200 to £300. Would not be without mine.

Just a cleaner.

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2004, 06:03:24 pm »
Hi foks

I clean a lot of stairwells, and I'm knackered carrying tub vacs up and down stairs.

Can anyone recomend a good backpack vac for under £200?
When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.

Len Gribble

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2004, 06:54:33 pm »
J a C   

I have two back vac’ Truvox http://www.truvox.com/ don’t know there price have a word with express cleaning supplies, also check there site http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/oos/vacuumcleaners/551595.html

Good co to deal with!

Care if you buying for staff check with them first and sell them the idea, have a friend in Coventry who brought 5 a few years ago and insisted the staff use them they a walked, he had to back down!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Just a cleaner.

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2004, 01:11:24 pm »
Thanks Len,  That'll do for me!
When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.