Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mrs Nicholls

march out cleans
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:39:58 am »
Hi everyone!

Been asked to quote for a raf march out clean on an empty 3 bed house.
Having not done this type of clean I was looking for some information and advice. Anything to be aware of.
He has mentioned a cerificate of proof?? What is that?

I know that march out cleaning is very top notch prestige cleaning, spotfree and smear free. He hasn't mentioned the oven, just empty house and carpets. Is wall washing expected for this type of clean?

Thanks
Lisa

Art

Re: march out cleans
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:51:24 am »
Hi Lisa,

A march out clean is similar to an EOT clean. You'll have to clean everything in sight and more.

The certificate of proof i'm not sure about, but you could ask if an invoice would be ok, as this would be proof to say that the house had been professionaly cleaned.

Arthur

from edge2edge

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 01:36:01 pm »
Lisa make sure you confirm that there is no oven to clean as this can take along time as i recall from my march out cleans. Also try thin simple bleach on any coffee type stains as this works very well on these carpets.cheers Alan(Swindon)

dustdees

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 02:15:57 pm »
Hi Lisa,

Be very careful how you approach this, as the oven will probably need cleaning, everything will need a clean and cleaned again. This would have to be the best clean you have ever done, the Housing Officer will inspect with a white glove and any residue, he will pick up.

I should know my hubby does  inspections before the housing officer comes in, as he used to conduct march out inspections for RAF, so he covers me before anyone offical comes on.

You will need toothbrushes for windows frames and small crevises, cocktails sticks, etc.

When I mean be careful because if every party involved isn't clear then the current tenant will be charged in more ways than one if they find anything wrong, plus he could try and make you responseable.

Didn't want to scare you but they have to have over and above the best service.

garyj

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 02:52:56 pm »
They are even known to use those mirrors that dentists use to look behind things like sinks  :o :o.

Glad I don't do them.

elite mike

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 04:27:22 pm »
 i hav done a few MOC for beachly army camp, mainly officers,
it was really hard work,but very rewarding.
did not have to give COP just invoice,
on top of my payment most of them used to give us a nice tip, mainly all there surplus food and drink???
best regards
mike

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 05:47:31 pm »
Hi Lisa

You have mail

Nick

brookie12

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 10:40:37 pm »
Hi

i did March out cleans for the Army/RAF for over 3 years i covered 4 major Garrisons in the south west of england and must of cleaned over 350 property's

Once you have done one they are very easy to do if you cleaning is of a high standard then you will have no problem at all, we made very good money on them and was sad to loose the contract in the end, we only lost the contract due to the forces changing the way that they where serviced.

what i would say is go and speak to the housing officer that you are clean for and have a chat thats we did and then they where evean put are name about to all the other family's that where moving out.

Dont be put off about white glove inspection its just not true have a go and you will see there is a lot of money to be made especially if you are in a garrison with a fast turn around of units.

all the best

Matt
GWC

PS: the hob and oven where part of the package i offered plus a basic carpet clean.

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 06:46:55 pm »
just an update, i didnt receive a call back when i returned their email to ask for a day to meet to discuss, so i guess they were price shopping.  :(

Thanks for the replies

domestic bliss

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 04:09:09 pm »
I have done a march out clean and i will never do one again.
Although i got the house to standard the oven i could not, despite doing it 3 times.  what the client wanted was the oven to be taken apart which i wasn't able to do.  Also the client was the most obnoxious person i had ever met and treated me as nothing better than the s**t on his shoe.  Not saying they are all like that but seeing i had done loads of end of tenancy cleans and had no problems at all.  He was not nice.  Good luck

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 07:39:56 pm »
domestic bliss

How much did you charge?
Where abouts are you?
when you say the client do you mean the housing officer or the person that lived in the house?

Nick

domestic bliss

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 09:15:39 pm »
 In answer to your questions!  The client as in the person who lived in the house.   I live and work in oxfordshire.  The clean i did was over 18 months ago so i have put it as a bad job never to be repeated.  I have plenty of regular weekly cleans that suit me fine and also no complaints only very happy customers