Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Canvas £1500 worth of work PCM?
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:36:45 am »
Is it possible to canvas £1500's worth of work a month in 4 weeks?

I would imagine you would have to canvas for a whole month 9-5 and then in evenings?

Do you think it can be done?

[GQC] Tim

Re: Canvas £1500 worth of work PCM?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:59:14 am »
£75 a day......can be done yea, depends on where you are in England, and what kind of houses they are.

Tricky to keep that up for a month though. You really need to be out there.

Conflagration2000

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 11:02:26 am »
We are out of the caves here in Wales now and we have houses too ;)
Just like that

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 11:07:07 am »
£75 a day......can be done yea, depends on where you are in England, and what kind of houses they are.

Tricky to keep that up for a month though. You really need to be out there.

Im in Inverness. Its not me personally that would be canvasing the work but I would help him out in the evenings.

Most people are out in the day so would it be best to leaflet drop then call back?

DASERVICES

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 11:29:41 am »
I think you will struggle as there does not seem to be a shortage of window cleaners where you are. If there was a shortage then I would say yes.

You also need to look at stats.

Households in Inverness - 30,000
 70% will have their windows cleaned - 21,000
Number of window cleaners that work is available for - 70
Licensed window cleaners - 43
Stats unlicensed - 30

You may get some work but would be scattered but Inverness does have a high percentage of window cleaners. All the best though.

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 11:48:42 am »
I see your point but remember Inverness is a growing city and shortly 800 more houses will be built.

Lets say your 43 licensed cleaners have a average of 200 houses each thats 8600 houses taken care of.

30 unlicensed cleaners also have 200 houses each thats 6000.

So that would leave 6400 houses without a cleaner.

Surely 150 customers could be picked up?

DASERVICES

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 12:14:13 pm »
Hi Matt,

I was working on a figure of 300 houses per window cleaner, so if 200 per window cleaner then I would say yes picking up 150 extra houses would be no problem.

What I tend to do is knock a few doors in the street, if they all reply that they have a window cleaner then I do not carry on as it is wasting my time. The only time when I carry on knocking on all the doors in the street if the first couple of doors I find there is no window cleaner in that area.

But who knows there is a lot happening and soon there could be a shortage of window cleaners.

With wfp though new builds are the best to get so keep an eye on new arrivals and get them first ;D

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 12:41:15 pm »
We are out of the caves here in Wales now and we have houses too ;)

Yes, but the houses tend to be a bit further apart in Wales which is not a bad thing unless you happen to be a window cleaner.

Generally canvassing is like fishing, some days you can't fail, other days zilch. You can hit a winning streak and get 15 in a couple of hours but just as easily have no luck and come home empty handed.
Its all to do with what has gone on before. If you find a road or series of roads where the previous WC has disappeared / retired / gone inside or whatever - bingo. You can also be the third person to canvass that road in so many months.

The biggest problem with canvassing round this area is finding people in during the day.
You will find 75% are NA (no answer). The ones that are in are generally retired people, great customers but you don't want to build a whole round with OAPs.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 02:47:40 pm »
i reckon it could be done, but what about actually doing the work- they accept your quote youl have to do the job then and there, or within the next few days... or would you say great il start in a month!
i need to get some heavy canvassing going and get loads more customers

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 03:15:26 pm »
My friend would have to tell them he will start at the begining of the next month due to circumstances