Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne99

can i use 2 poles on a 60psi pump?
« on: November 30, 2004, 11:13:11 am »
hi guy's, need to speed up this wfp work, taking a bit too long on first cleans, trying to make sure 1st clean is spot on, anyway i have a sureflo 60psi pump, will it push enough water for two poles or do i need a bigger pump?got all the gear, poles, hoses, connectors but dont fancy setting all up unless i'm assured it would work, cheers lads
AQUA REACH, not enough hours in the day for me, wfp'r and proud of it

williamx

Re: can i use 2 poles on a 60psi pump?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 06:10:32 pm »
60 psi is ok to run a 2 pole wfp system

matt

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 06:39:25 pm »
well i run 1 pole of mine, turned down the pump to 30 psi

so it should run 2 poles at 30 psi

Rob_j

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 08:04:38 pm »
I have the same 60psi pump and i am using way to much water. I would like to turn it down to 30 psi but there doesn't seem to be any way of doing this on my system. Am I missing something or do I need to get some sort of fancy switch fitted.

Thanks Guys

wayne99

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 11:01:43 pm »
yeah how do you turn down the pump?
AQUA REACH, not enough hours in the day for me, wfp'r and proud of it

Philip Hanson

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 04:15:55 pm »
Hello

Pressure is not a problem, as it will equalize anywhere in a system as long as the hose is of sufficient diameter.  What I mean is, if you connected 10 poles to a 60PSI pump, (neglecting any resistance in the pipe) you'd find they all were delivering water at 60 psi.

Its FLOW RATE that will be affected.  If your maximum flow rate is 4 Litres per minute, and you connect 2 poles, it will deliver at 2 litres per minute each.  Also, something to bear in mind is that when using 2 poles with one system, if one pole is extended 30 ft up and the other is doing the ground floor, the distribution of water will not be even, you'll have more flow on the lower pole, as the water isn't having to "climb" a height.  Easily overcome this by both working at the same height at the same time.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Rob_j

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 05:33:32 pm »
Ok, so does anyone know how to turn down the flow rate? I think mine is throwing it out at 7 litres per minute.

Cheers

sham33

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 07:48:59 pm »
I got a pump box from cleantech. It has a handle next to pump to adjust the flow.