Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Thar she blows!
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:24:24 pm »
Popped in for a bit of lunch and when i came back out i had about 150L of my finest pure water over the road pumping itself out of the back of my van. Turned the Varistream off and noticed one of the connectors had blown off. Put it back together and tightened the joint and switched on. The Varistreem decided to have a laugh and refused to regulate the pressure - so much so that the seal on my DI vessel blew out  :o :o. fixed that and started again - everything ok. Got to the next job - loads of pressure but bugger all flow. Just about to start biting my pole in anger when i remembered i had a newer battery in the van - stuck that on and everything hunky dory. So Jeff1, what's going on, don't varistreams like flat batteries?

jeff1

Re: Thar she blows!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:08:23 pm »
Popped in for a bit of lunch and when i came back out i had about 150L of my finest pure water over the road pumping itself out of the back of my van. Turned the Varistream off and noticed one of the connectors had blown off. Put it back together and tightened the joint and switched on. The Varistreem decided to have a laugh and refused to regulate the pressure - so much so that the seal on my DI vessel blew out :o :o. fixed that and started again - everything ok. Got to the next job - loads of pressure but bugger all flow. Just about to start biting my pole in anger when i remembered i had a newer battery in the van - stuck that on and everything hunky dory. So Jeff1, what's going on, don't varistreams like flat batteries?
Sorry Dave just noticed this post.
A varistream is regulated at 12v and normally has a tolerance of around -/+2v, so if your battery voltage was around or lower than 10v then yes it will play up

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 09:14:53 pm »
Thanks Jeff i knew you would have the answer! ;) The only way i spotted it was going flat was because it started cycling faster on the green and red light.

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:21:44 pm »
Thanks Jeff i knew you would have the answer! ;) The only way i spotted it was going flat was because it started cycling faster on the green and red light.
Yep thats the signal

here is the rest of the signals you may get from your varistream
Green Constant = Pump Running
Green Flashing  = Battery Voltage Low

Red = Power is on but pump is stopped ( when hose disconnected for example)

Off =  Varistream Switched OFF

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 11:41:58 pm »
i had the same thing happen - rubbish plastic hoselock connectors popping off the hosereel when pressured up water flowing everywhere because the varistream things thats what i want...
good idea to get the end stop connectors on the hosereel.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 08:26:29 am »
This was a brass fitting, then the O ring on the DI - the pressure must have been enormous the pump just wouldn't stop!