Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mediagroupltd

Cleaning editorial required for new magazine
« on: November 26, 2004, 04:03:27 pm »
Hello there, Eatwell Magazine here.

We are after information on floor cleaning, how to make it easier and why it is necessary, in particular the kitchen flooring.

We are also requiring information on general house cleaning, so if anyone wants to get a mention in our magazine or can point me in the direction to find the information I would be very grateful.

Andrew Scott
Production Manager
EatWell Magazine
www.eatwellmagazine.com
020 8773 9910

Done 'n' Dusted

Re: Cleaning editorial required for new magazine
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 09:04:33 am »
Hi Andrew!

I have come across many different floor types in the time I have been in the domestic cleaning market, and to be honest I haven't yet found one system that works well enough to cope with ALL hard floors. Just when I thought I had cracked it, another floor surface would pop up on my cleaning list that I hadn't tackled before and I'd be scratching my head and scouring the net, shops etc looking for something that would work. I have your general mop and bucket, with variants on both mop, bucket and cleaning solution. I have even tried Bissell's floor sweeper and steam mop system. I've been through different types of vacs; swiffers with both dry and wet wipes..........seriously though, in my opinion the BEST way is down on your hands and knees and giving the floor a good old scrub, but that is neither easy nor economical in respect that it takes for ever to do. I am always striving to find an easy way for me to do a quick but thorough job. I have only been in the domestic cleaning market for just over a year, so am still a 'newbie' in that respect, but I have covered an awful lot of surfaces, from stone tiles, to vinyl tiles, laminate, carpet (yuk!!), natural wood.....so may surfaces, so little effective products!! If you wish to speak to me I am available at donendusted@blueyonder.co.uk.

Good luck!!

Jan
It ain't clean till it's Done 'n' Dusted!