Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JJdomestics

Domestic cleaning vehicles
« on: January 06, 2008, 07:46:14 pm »
Hi me AGAIN!!!

I was just wondering which vehicle other domestic cleaning companies use?. I have a 55 plate citreon picasso at the moment as I thought the extra seats would come in handy for cleaners and the boot is quite big. I use about £45 p/w petrol.

DREAM CLEAN

Re: Domestic cleaning vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 08:32:37 pm »
Hi,

Pug partner van with an extra seat, good advertising

Nick

myvanwi

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:49:54 pm »
We usually buy our vans outright second hand but now need to buy some new as looks better for business brand. We are looking at leasing and I wondered if anyone had any advice/info about this choice. Also what other people feel in the correct amount of income to warrant each extra van

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 09:15:33 pm »
Theres a current debate re leasing on the carpet cleaning section right no. Might be useful for oyu.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 05:37:31 pm »
I'm about to hijack this thread, but first I'll answer the question asked, we have a Silver Fait Doblo MPV fully liveried, it is ideal for domestic cleaning, easy to drive, good sized boot, 5 seats, excellent mpg.

Now for my question:

I want to really push the domestic household cleaning side of our business in the local papers throughout Jan/Feb and was wondering if anyone had a good eyecatching advert that they have used or currently use that focuses just on domestic cleaning.  It could be anything from a couple of lines to a full 300 word editorial.

If you can email me at ian@lionheartcleaning.co.uk

Many thanks and sorry for hijacking the thread, I do like the Doblo though

Alan Rowley

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 11:29:56 pm »
We have two 5 seater Vauxhall Combi vans. Well pleased with them and highly recommended.

Free advertising - they even get me work just by sitting outside my house.

mk1

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 05:19:10 pm »
looks good alan   ;) can i ask are they leased or yours out right ??? we are just at that stage when we need some new vehicles and can not make our minds which way to go........buy.....lease ........rent its a bewildering how many ways to get new vehicles  ::) ::) advice welcomed  ;D

Alan Rowley

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 09:34:25 am »
Hi mk,

The vehicles are leased. Before we bought them, I had a word with our accountant about buying outright and his comments were 'do you really want to lay out such a lot of cash in year one of your business'?

I looked at second hand, but I was advised that wasn't a good idea as they could be unreliable.

I plumped for leasing, though I did put about 20% deposit down to keep the monthly costs low. When I told my account, he said 'that's music to my ears'.

I am happy with my decision and I am delighted with the vans. They haven't been any bother whatsoever.