Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Hogey

Start up advice about Equipment
« on: November 09, 2004, 10:56:13 am »
Hello to everyone, im new to this site and this business so i would be grateful for your advice i am currently serving in the armed forces but due to be discharged very soon,at which time i am looking to buying an Alltec advantage Professional starter pack and have a go at this business.
Can anybody tell me if the Alltec advantage is a good machine and also will i be reasonably prepared for working after doing the basic training and 2 day IICRC approved school course which i get free with the package if not what machines and courses do you recommend.
Many thanks for any opinions given.

cheryl new

Re: Start up advice about Equipment
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 11:33:07 am »
Hi Hogey,

There are plenty of new starters on the site and even more time served professional carpet cleaners, so you've found the best place to come for advice.  There's an abundance of start up advice on the Frequently Asked section.

I'm also relatively new and am due to start my cc biz on Dec 1st.  Here's my pointers :

I've seen the Alltec Advantage in action and it looks to be a very impressive machine.  Only those who have been in the biz for many years and have tried various machines can advise which one they prefer, but as for us new starters, it's just a decision you have to make and stick to until your budget allows for a change.

I've been on the NCCA course and it definitely opened my eyes that there is more to CCing than cleaning carpets.  Unless you already have knowledge of carpet and upholstery fibres, construction and how they are treated, a course or 2 is an absolute must.

Apart from the machine and attachments, you'll also need various other tools of the trade plus leaflets, advertising with Yellow pages if you wish to, survey forms, public liability & treatment risk insurance.  The list is endless but you'll pick up the majority of info on the NCCA or IICRC course.

You may not get many other replies because the start up topic has been covered so many times.  You also need to fill in your profile a bit more as people generally like to see who they're talking to and might offer you on the job training if your lucky and not too far away from them (but far enough not to be competition).

Anyway, good luck.

Best regards
Cheryl

JimmyB

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 12:59:50 pm »
Excellent advice cheryl, this info can apply to me aswell as Im looking into starting up a CC business in the future.

I didn't realise how expensive these machines were :o

Can I just ask- Is the advantage easy to use? I plan to target offices, is the advantage ideal for these?

Sorry Hogey for hijacking your thread ;)

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 10:01:04 pm »
Cannot comment on the Advantage but as the owner of two professional pluses, while they are not bad machines they are not as strongly built as Extractas.