Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Re: one good reason
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 04:08:49 am »
Why not ask your supplier to make you up a 15m hide a hose and test it out to see how it performs.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 07:39:33 pm »
Two thoughts to add to the discussion.

My upholstery attachment runs the solution hose inside. I find it's neater and tidier with less of a tangle factor. Obviously with upholstery many of the other factors being discussed are not relevant.

When dealing with floods it always seems "decadent" not having to attach the solution hose.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 07:52:18 pm »
if you use a hidey-hose it makes it cumbersome to use a Hydraforce.

I'd make up a 50ft length and use that in the house, outside stay separate.

or why not just tie-wrap the solution line onto the vac hose.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 07:58:16 pm »
well you could have suggested that yesterday ;)

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

robert stubbs

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 08:13:03 pm »
http://www.amtechuk.biz/hoses.php

The hide a hose has been done,click above.

Liahona

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 08:22:24 pm »
I have seen cable ties combining the two hoses before with damaging results.

The ties can and will do damage beyond repair to some if not all carpets.  They can also snag wood floors, corners and just about anything.

The same also applies with regards the coiling of a solution hose that dosnt move when it is being used and a vac hose that moves considerably when it is being used.

Not forgetting it will gouge a big lump of skin from your legs if it catches badly.  Well at least for those of us who wear shorts.

Best, Dave.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 08:36:29 pm »
This is the way the extracta hoses are set up, solution hose tie wrapped to the outside of the vac hose, works well, in 5 years I've never had any problems with any of the above

Mike Halliday

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 08:51:08 pm »
I once thought of using bike inner tube, cut into 3inch lengths, so you have a circular piece of rubber, then stretch & feed it onto the vac hose & solution line, it will hold it snug and not snag anything.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

carpet guy

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 07:52:17 am »
Amtech hoses look excellent. The thing to remember when using the " hide a hose "configuration, is to ALWAYS make sure the solution hose is connected to the tool before turning on the vacuum.

liahona

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 07:57:42 am »
Rob, why?  Its not going to suck the solution hose back down the hose.  If it does then another reason why not to do it but again it wont.  Also, what would you do when you have to change wands? 

Best, Dave

carpet guy

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 06:26:58 pm »
When changing wands I would always turn off the power to both vac and solution, otherwise it would be impossible to attach the solution hose.
I found the solution hose problem many years ago, which could only be explained by the vacuum, as it never happened when switched off

liahona

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 06:50:51 pm »
Rob, thanks for the reply but I am not sure what the second sentance means, sorry.  With regards your solution hose, might I suggest an on/off valve.  That way you dont have to turn it all off to change a wand.

Also without a valve how do you bleed the hoses before you start each job?

Best, Dave.

richie

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 09:56:57 pm »
We tried the idea of the solution hose inside the vac hose with the TM.  The drop in temp was unbelievable.  So that idea got undone straight away.

Richie.