Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

littlejack

Re: how much cheaper
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 04:36:07 pm »
Had a call the other day from lady wanting price for 2 + 3 told her between £80-£120 depend on survey. She said "other firm quoted £20!!!!"  I told her to be very afraid, but not heard off her since.

Derek

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 05:26:38 pm »
Nigel

I do so agree with you on pricing..

John
Please spare a thought for us (poor) old fogies who would struggle to do two suites a day let alone four  :o

Derek

John_McGavin

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 05:40:09 pm »
Derek, you must be joking mate - 4 suites in a day! I aint that fit.  ;D

Takes me about 2 to 3 hours to do it properly so only ever book in 2 a day.

To give you an idea of what im up against - one local company quotes £35 and say it would only take 30 mins to clean (according to my last customer)  :o :o Set the alarm bells ringing! Problem is these guys dont worry about repeat customers, they just turn up take the money then move on to the next mug ... I mean customer  ;) Thats when its harder for us professionals to ask for higher prices. I'd really struggle to get over £130 for a suite but then again thats just the area I live in unfortunately..

John

John, Falkirk, Scotland

gwrightson

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 06:06:13 pm »
john from falkirk?
what are you suggesting , that there is no money in fakirk,
or is it the scotish breeding  ;D  no offence john,
Have you tried asking more? Have you been persistant in trying to achieve
higher prices?
As my original post says there is people out there that dont no any different.and assume is cheap to clean, but if you perisist im sure you will
get the higher prices.
do you sell them the benifits of a higher price? do you even get out and see
your prospective clients. it makes alot of difference.
now i am still in my first year, but i have stuck to what i was taught,
not to be tempted in lower pricesetc.etc. even when some times i could do with the extra work. and i know in the end it will pay dividends,
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Dynafoam

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2004, 06:23:57 pm »
Two suites in a day sounds like bad news to me.

I'll do a ten-seater suite or a five-seater and several carpets but two suites at separate locations - never, I prefer to enjoy my work  :D