Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pippin

How do you fill a D I bottle
« on: October 08, 2007, 09:13:12 pm »
Hi - just putting together a new system and need to fill D I bottle with resin - have any of you guys done this and do you have any tips on the best way to do it - any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers   Pippin   ;)

quantum cleaning

Re: How do you fill a D I bottle
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 09:22:09 pm »
you only need to fill the bottle 3/4
place the bottle on a clean bag to catch any resin use a small jug or cup to fill the bottle its time consuming.... shake bottle to settle resin then refit fitting

Pippin

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:47:14 pm »
Cheers for the quick reply - I was trying to fill to top using a spoon (a big one)  Ha Ha

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:09:18 pm »
Hi - just putting together a new system and need to fill D I bottle with resin - have any of you guys done this and do you have any tips on the best way to do it - any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers   Pippin   ;)

Start from the bottom and work up!  ;D ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:47:03 am »

Cheers   Pippin   ;)

Stick a bit of sellotape over the top of the riser tube to stop any resin going down it (don't forget to remove it before use).  I use a watering can for this job.  Just tip the resin in the can and tap the can as the resin goes into the cannister.  Ensure that the riser tube stays central though as it can be harder to move it as the resin bottle fills with resin.

edd

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 06:31:08 pm »
we use a big funnel fill it with resin then wash it into the di with a bit of pure water or water
it takes about 10 mins to to fill 25 litre di thats all .the funnel we use is a tractor one from the
farm shop holds 8 litres resin EDD

jdlcleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 05:13:52 pm »
Hi i have had a tucker poll for 4 years, to change the resin i use a old water bottle (the large ones that they have in offices) i cut the botom of it and use it like a funel, fill in it up about half way then taping and shaking it. It only takes a few min