Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul@ctcs

Antico Flooring
« on: November 05, 2004, 01:41:52 pm »
 We have been asked if we can restore some Antico flooring whilst undertaking a blitz clean on a property, The flooring is in good condition but dull in apperance, the owner doesnt want a highly plolished finish but simply a light buffing.
 We have not treated any real wood floors other than simply cleaning them, If anybody could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Paul :)

woodman

Re: Antico Flooring
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 02:27:04 pm »
Hi Paul

First thing you have to realise is that Amtico is not a real wood floor.I know it looks like one but thats whats its supposed to do ;)

Secondly it is much more expensive than a real wood floor starting at about £33 a sq mt so you don't want to make any mistakes with it.

Its easy to clean though, if done correctly. You can use Johnsons floor products or Amtico own as Johnsons supply Amtico with their products you can't go wrong with either.

Apply dressing remover by mop allow 5-10 minutes contact time then pad off using a green 3m pad  and then a wet pick up for the slurry (which must not be allowed to dry or it can stain the floor).You must rinse the floor with fresh water after at least twice and allow to dry.
When cleaned back to a neutral condition you can apply 2-3 coats of dressing using a mop in figure of 8 keeping it even.(never use the same mop and bucket for washing/stripping as for applying the dressing)

I use terry towels dipped in dressing put my knee pads on and get down and apply it by hand to make sure it a nice even coat.

remember to remove you shoes otherwise you leave a nice print in the dressing and have to start again :-[

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 03:39:45 pm »
Hi

Don't forget to brush and vac thoroughly to get rid of all dust and debris before appliying any product.

Regards

Martin 8)

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 05:42:33 pm »
hi there,

this is funny, as i used to work for a company that had a national account, and all their branches had amtico.

if you read the amtico specfor cleaning it doesnt mention anything about wet pick ups etc.
at the same time it doesnt mention about the grooves either, but that is another story.

if i can find the spec i will let you know

regards

martin

paul@ctcs

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 06:07:07 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys, its much appreciated :)

Paul

Keith_Robertson

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 07:25:41 am »
HI Paul,

Further to Woodman's comments which are all correct, it is probable that you will not need to seal Amtico.  In fact it may well not be sealed now.   Much commercial Amtico is never sealed and in fact many user companies have strict policies of not sealing.

If it is simply dirty, apply alkaline detergent, scrub with slow speed rotary, wet vac, rinse, wet vac and buff with high speed and soft pad.  Sometimes you have to work on scuff marks and quite regularly you will find adhesive deposits dating back to when the floor was first put down which will require attention.

Regards,

Keith