Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpet guy

What is Pure Water
« on: September 22, 2007, 10:23:07 am »
I've watched with interest the changes in w/c over the past 20 or so years and wondered about the production of or changes necessary to get Pure Water.

Is de ionised water Pure Water, or does it still need to be filtered through resin, or whatever ?

W/c accounts for a tiny proportion of our work, but it could be increased, if I felt it was worth getting into the WFP side of things.

I used long poles about 24 years ago, but it took a lot of effort.

Nathanael Jones

Re: What is Pure Water
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 10:42:55 pm »
If you live in a soft water area, simple de-ionisation is all you need to purify your water. For most of us, reverse osmosis and DI is the solution,.. but some very clever industry moguls are harvesting rainwater which is already extremely pure.
Poles have come a long way in recent years,.. with some of the 60 foot carbon fibre ones weighing less than your old 12' unger extension pole!
It isn't very expensive to get the basic setup,.. especially if you go DIY on some of it,.. but its much faster and much safer. It's well worth researching for a few weeks before you commit to buy any equipment though.

carpet guy

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 11:18:12 pm »
Thanks for your comments. I am in a soft water area and am just curious as I have come across de - ionising water, as a health aid, in my other world of complementery therapy and there are de ionisers available, but pretty expensive.

Just wondered if the water they produced would be suitable for cleaning glass

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 11:23:17 pm »
Would they produce a large enough quantity of water? You'll be looking for a couple of hundred litres a day at least. look at www.ro-man.com for so fairly cheap solutions.