Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Terry A

low level tank wanted
« on: October 22, 2004, 06:33:45 pm »
Where can i get a low level tank at a decent price?
500-600 litres.

Thanks all .

WavieDavie

Re: low level tank wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 11:07:55 pm »
Hi Terry - welcome aboard!

My usual war-cry to anyone new here is to fill in your profile and signature, so that we get to know a bit more about you. Then I usually ask you to discover the joys of the "Search" button on the top toolbar. There's stacks of information on these boards and it's amazing what you'll find - there's an awful lot of the same type of question asked, so you'll probably find lots of the same type of answer.

A quick trawl down the topics should give you a clue what most of them are about, if you want to go that way too. But, like most things in life - the more you put in, the more you get back.

All the best - enjoy the boards!

Davie
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Philip Hanson

Re: low level tank wanted New
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 01:06:29 am »
Low level tanks are available from a number of suppliers.  One that comes to mind is Stream in Stockton-on-tees.

Some window cleaners prefer them because space in the van is not entirely taken up with them, some like them because a low centre-of-gravity may help vehicle handling.

Whatever tank you get, make sure it is installed securely.  Water is heavy, and in a 30mph collision, a 600 litre tank will exert a force of 80.4 tonnes on its mountings.  If those mountings are made of plastic,  heaven help you.  Similarly if it is just bolted to the van floor, it will tear free even in a low-speed collision (floor plates or not). 

If it isnt bolted down very tightly, there will be shock forces applied to the anchorage points that will greatly multiply the stresses on them.

It must be bolted right to the vehicle's chassis, using enough bolts that are of sufficient strength to hold it there.  Self-install tanks are low-cost, but if you get one, I would recommend getting an chartered mechanical engineer to advise how it can be safely installed.

The Institute of Mechanical Engineers will be able to put you in touch with a local engineering firm that can help you:
http://www.imeche.org.uk

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton