Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

anyone know
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:02:49 pm »
dose any one know what the payload of a transit connect is

SparklingWC

Re: anyone know
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 08:04:55 pm »
The short wheelbase/low-roof derivative will square up to the compact competition with its standard 625kg payload capacity. Meanwhile, the long wheelbase/high-roof gets an invite to play with the bigger boys through its maximum capacity of 900kg. Should you need a bit more by way of choice, the SWB model can be upgraded to carry 825kg.

and

Facts At A Glance VAN: Ford Transit Connect Range ENGINES: Deisel: 74bhp 1.8-Litre TDdi / 89bhp or 109bhp 1.8-Litre TDCi PAYLOADS: (SWB) 625/825Kg (LWB) 700/825/900Kg LOAD VOLUME: (cu. m) SWB: 2.8m. LWB 4.67m
WILL IT FIT IN YOUR GARAGE?: Length/Width/Height. LWB: 4525/1795/1981

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 08:08:24 pm »
dont have a garage need it to fit 400liter tank or 600 liter tank with all wfp gear and trad  full tank of fule ladders and 2 guys which one is best suited

SparklingWC

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 08:29:04 pm »
i dont know the weights of all that gear. i only clean trad.
but if it was me (and one day will be) i'd get the bigger one - but take into consideration, can you park it near to your hosue without upsetting your neighbours, can you drive something that big, can you afford the bigger one. also check the insurance on the two (over the phone is best) and then decide if the bigger one is best, after all - you'll look to expand your business one day and then you will want bigger tanks, more weight - so you'd be best of getting what you can first off.
you could always buy the short wheel base van, with the payload upgrade to 825kg. so you have the lower insurance (i guess) the smaller van, easier to drive and park - better for oyur neighbours, but still all the weight oyu need and more to expand.

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 08:38:15 pm »
cheers we all will be wfp soon

SparklingWC

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 08:42:10 pm »
yes, i would like to be - just dont have a car license or any money to get one ... and i dont think i can fit one to my motorbike! but maybe soon money will come my way and i'll get the an and wfp too :) 
though, saying that. i enjoy window cleaning, and i think it may be something to do with beng close to the work i do, im not so suer i'd enjoy stanbding on the floor with a long pole and then doing the next window - just doesnt have the same appeal to me.

good luck with your van choice.