Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JS2

Cleanfix Floormac 13"
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:50:41 pm »
Hi Colleagues

Just prodding for a bit of information from users; what's the little (13") Floormac from Cleanfix like for a bit of bonnetting.  It's quite lightweight, which would be great for me back, but possibly not so great for a job ?  Am I correct to assume this little one is an Oscillating type ?  I may well get one if comments seem favourable.

Regards

Pete (JS2)

Derek_Walker

Re: Cleanfix Floormac 13"
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 08:54:46 pm »
It is not the easiest machine to bonnet with. If you are looking to use it as a stand alone system forget it, it could really do with some glides to make it easier. Excellent for hard floors though.

JS2

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:58:14 pm »
Hi Derek

Certainly a quick reply !  No I'm essentially HWE but some things I've attended to could be more efficiently done with an absorbent pad.  I realise these machines were origivnally designed for hard floors.

Cheers

Pete (JS2)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:18:27 pm »
Got 1, it's too light for what you want it for.

Shaun

carpetguy

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 08:27:46 am »
Shaun, is the Cleanfix better than the little Oreck, in build quality and weight ?

Macarthur

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 09:51:05 am »
I actually own both and to be honest can barely notice the difference in weight between the two.  Build quality wise I would say the Cleanfix machine is better and more waterproof, i.e. no nooks and crannies for any water or spillages to get into.  I still prefer to use the Oreck on most jobs though as 1. as the rotation of the base plate gets right to edge (not with Cleanfix) and 2. has a longer mains cable.

Nigel.

Orion Cleaning Services - Southampton

carpetguy

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 10:14:12 pm »
Nigel does that mean the oscillations are smaller in diameter in the Cleanfix would it take a 14 inch pad the Americans appear to use oversize pads to good effect.

Macarthur

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 08:13:52 pm »
Thats right, actual base plate oscillations about 1/2 inch short from machine base, much to my surprise.  I mostly use these machines for either scrubbing of hard foors or agitating chemicals into carpets prior to HWE. 
Yes you can use a larger pad with the Cleanfix no problem.

Nigel.
Orion Cleaning Services - Southampton

carpetguy

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 10:14:46 pm »
Thanks for that Nigel