Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dragonet

Ionics residential reach and wash help
« on: October 14, 2004, 12:00:22 am »
Hi,
I am just after some clarification with the Ionics Residential reach and wash system.
What I want to know is this system just attached to a tap and the resin beads added to the filter?(no need for a water tank) I only want to use it (For now) on conservatory roofs and windows above them to see how I get on with it
cheers in advance
Martin
The Clean Cut Company
Wales

sham33

Re: Ionics residential reach and wash help
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 08:14:32 am »
Yes, it will do a basic job if thats all u need it for. Only problem is if u live in a hard water area that liitle di holder wont last very long. I dont know if they are refilable but u can buy sacks of di resin for about £75.

I reckon it would be ok for what u need it for.

dragonet

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 02:25:51 pm »
Thanks for the info Sham.

I was told by a window cleaning Company that the water where i work is soft ;D They know as they sell treated water to other window cleaners :o So the resin should last me a while.

Can anyone clarify if the DI unit that comes with the pole is refillable and if so how long roughly each fill would last?
The Clean Cut Company
Wales

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 06:25:27 pm »
Hi,

Filter life depends on tap water quality in your area, as you plan only to use the filter occasionally you should think about adding a little extra to your price to cover the cost of filters. Generally if you use them for conservatory roofs and windows above, you should get three conservatory roofs per filter, you should look to charge £30 for the average conservatory roof plus £10 towards the cost of a new filter.

Craig

dragonet

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 03:32:39 pm »
Thanks craig,

Do I have to buy a new filter or fill the old one?

I was planning on slowly introducing my customers to WF by
cleaning there uneccessable windows and conservatory roofs with the residential. and if I get good feedback upgrade to a tank system or trolley.
Can the residential pole be worked with other systems? Rather than put it on the shelf when I upgrade.

Cheers in advance
Martin
The Clean Cut Company
Wales

sham33

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 05:08:57 pm »
It probably uses standard hozelock fittings, will work on anything  8)