Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

starter.
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:28:27 am »
hi all, imnew to this caper, i have my own pressure cleaning business and want to start carpet cleaning as a sideline. could anyone tell me of any courses that would help me and what equipment to buy? how much do i need to start up. i want to get as good gear as possible, ie the best. my work is always of the highest standard so i need to be doing a sound job.  any advice would be great , thanks.

John Kelly

Re: starter.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:53:31 am »
Your location would be helpful. This would enable people to advise a suitable course nearest to you. Also some people don't want to offer advice to what could be a future competitor.

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 10:06:54 am »
hi im in liverpool, its only an add on service as the main work is pressure cleaning. many thanks. ;)

CATMAN

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 10:25:02 am »
Hi,

Firstly I would invest in a decent machine ninja/steamway.  Don't buy a second hand machine off ebay, I could sell you a 400psi ninja, via ebay, but its been well used/hammered, but you wouldn't know, see what I mean.

Leave well alone karcher puzzi.henrys.  They give all professional a bad name, because you buy cheap, so you'll sell cheap.

Use good chemicals chemspec/prochem/one step.  Don't be buying 5litres of carpet shampoo for £5  from the local engineers merchant, you customers will be calling you back, and it won't be to thank you.

I would get yourself on a course, however this is not always possible, if you are already running. Chemspec do a good manual on carpet cleaning, and if you buy from good supplier, John Kelly at Restormate knows his stuff then they will also give you advice.

Regards

Graham.

ps I cover the Wirral & Chester so you could be considered a competitor, but over the years I've seen carpet cleaners come and go, and I do talk to my competitors.

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 10:28:12 am »
There has been a lot of discussion of late on this subject.

Basically total costs for equipment, training , start up etc can run from £1000 to £30000

If you do a search you can get lots of info.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

drive surgeon

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 11:37:15 am »
Hi,

Firstly I would invest in a decent machine ninja/steamway.  Don't buy a second hand machine off ebay, I could sell you a 400psi ninja, via ebay, but its been well used/hammered, but you wouldn't know, see what I mean.

Leave well alone karcher puzzi.henrys.  They give all professional a bad name, because you buy cheap, so you'll sell cheap.

Use good chemicals chemspec/prochem/one step.  Don't be buying 5litres of carpet shampoo for £5  from the local engineers merchant, you customers will be calling you back, and it won't be to thank you.

I would get yourself on a course, however this is not always possible, if you are already running. Chemspec do a good manual on carpet cleaning, and if you buy from good supplier, John Kelly at Restormate knows his stuff then they will also give you advice.

Regards

Graham.

ps I cover the Wirral & Chester so you could be considered a competitor, but over the years I've seen carpet cleaners come and go, and I do talk to my competitors.

dont worry graham i would not work over the water its too far, thanks for you help, good luck for the future .

Fresh Clean

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 12:26:08 pm »
here's a couple of e-mail address's, contact them & see what suits you, all these do courses & sell good machinery; www.alltec.co.uk, www.amtechuk.biz, www.prochem.co.uk not sure if craftex do courses, but they sell very good solutions. no 01823 332696. "solutions" www.worldofclean.co.uk & www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk     hope this helps! freshi ;D 

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 12:46:42 pm »
south

drive surgeon

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 12:38:29 pm »
cool!!