Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pro-clean

Fire damage help please
« on: August 15, 2007, 05:42:24 pm »
Gotta go and look at a Fire damage tomorrow it's a 3 bedroom house.
although many years ago i used to carry out a bit of fire damage, i am aware products, methods have moved on and of course health and safety
would be grateful for any info covering the above and the golden question how much for a 3 bedroom heavily sooted throughout, modern property
the initial fire started in the kitchen and burnt televisions, kitchen units, clothing, toys etc although it was contained in this area smoke has covered the complete property
prior to us starting work the property will be empty of all belongings
thanks
Cleaning ..it for a living

John Kelly

Re: Fire damage help please
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:57:44 pm »
Not that much change in fire restoration. Basically the same, remove the contamination ready for re-dec/repairs.
Best way spray and wipe with high alkaline cleaner with deodouriser added. Using clean cloths once dirty. Bales of terry towels best.
Finish with thermal fog or just spraying all surfaces with deodouriser.
You can either charge out at hourly rate which keeps the paperwork easier, £30-£50 hour per man. Or per square metre, linear metre.
Either way 2-3.5k usually.

pro-clean

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 08:26:22 am »
hi ya john
thanks for your reply, and especially the golden question ;)
We charged them just below £3000 and they found that acceptable, we've got quite a bit to do their, but look forward to getting back into this type of work, i'm down at the NFS on a WRT course next week and i shall be enquiring about their fire damage courses.
Once again thanks for your help

Any one, best product to clean upvc window frames whether fire damaged or extremely dirty  :)
Cleaning ..it for a living

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 06:15:07 pm »
Craftex Champion or if ingrained T Cut and polish.