Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Expanding
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:57:43 pm »
Hi All,

Just wondering what would be the most ideal way of expanding. I was thinking of going for a more commercial market now. I thought that with taking on an employee I would get through 1 1/2 times the amount of work I do on my own but I'm finding I get through about twice the amount. Is there any good ways of increasing the amount of work I have in the way of advertising. I'm going in yellow pages, thomson, Local magazine. If I keep going the way I am I'll be able to go water fed in a week or so which would free up even more of my time. So I was just wondering what advise you guys could give me on expanding a little quicker.

NWH

Re: Expanding
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 09:02:13 pm »
When fully up to speed on the pole Colley you will do the same as 2 of you off ladders if not more,so just go WFP and forget the headaches of employing mate it`s nothing but hassle.If you go down the route of employing people it becomes a totally different job in some ways not as enjoyable.

colley614

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 09:08:01 pm »

I've already got a young lad on board mate, he is only on a trial at the moment so I could plough through this month and go water fed and let him go next month if I wanted to but if he continues like he is at the moment I can't see a problem with him.

I am wondering what the best way to attract the commercial side of the market is. I could easily and half more work to the stuff I've have at the moment. If I did get more work in I'd just keep investing as I am now. I enjoy giving out a professional image I just find going canvassing doesn't really work for commercial premises and I'd like to know what methods are successful?

NWH

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:15:37 pm »
Go into the receptions of schools,surgerys,health clubs etc and just ask ask them or leave a card,if they like the look of you they will at least keep you in mind.

colley614

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:23:13 pm »

Canvass, Canvass, Canvass. I may go out Saturday and spend the whole day sticking business cards in peoples faces. So days it works, others its a flop. But I may as well. I might get all my stationery updated including my website and stuff and then go out and really hammer the canvassing.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:21:31 pm »
I reckon you could put out hundreds on flyers and get nothing for it,you can`t beat letting them see you face to face.

colley614

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 10:42:26 pm »
Thats so true. I bought 1000 leaflets a while back and posted 500 of them in return I got about 3 phone calls. I thought it would be a waste of time posting the other 500 so they sit in my cupboard at home to this day. With canvassing I always get a good response but it just takes a long time to get around.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 10:54:16 pm »
Why not pay someone to do one days canvassing for you just to test the area,if they get you 5-6 jobs it`s worth it.You could try to use someone who is retired.

colley614

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 04:27:01 pm »
Thats a good idea. A sort of commission based advertising, that could prove handy. Especially if I told somebody where I wanted the work and they went out looking for the work for me in those places.