Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Had a bit of an issue with wasps today
« on: August 03, 2007, 05:39:34 pm »

Disturbed a nest in the eves of a house today...got stung a few times on hands and head. Worse nearly came off my ladder in my hurry to get down (being chased by dozens of the buggers).

Told the owners about the nest and they said: Yes we've been meaning to get a guy in to destroy it.

Cheers!  >:(

There seems to be loads of wasps around this year; is there a spray I can buy to repel the buggers?

Blackbushe Windows

Re: Had a bit of an issue with wasps today
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 06:31:24 pm »
Simon, not sure about a spray - totally agree - come across several nests this week. Sorry to hear you were stung. Well done for keeping your head. It is a safety issue when you're up the ladder. There are times if it's right next to the window I will refuse to clean that window. Customers usually understand. One this week was in the corner of the PVCU frame! It was like the M25!

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 06:50:14 pm »
Don't think I've seen more than one wasp this year.
I was thinking the other day how there's none about this year.

Must be in certain areas. ???

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 06:54:59 pm »
We have your share then...stacks of them here...and they've got attitude!

NWH

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 07:40:11 pm »
There`s loads about in Sussex and there more aggresive than i`ve ever known them to be,i had a couple of them yesterday that were on a mission to sting me,they kept coming back even after a good couple of slaps.

colley614

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 07:43:22 pm »
I've got one in my roof. Reported it to the local council and we are still waiting two weeks later. They swarm around my hedge a few feet from were my kids like to play and I'm starting to get really annoyed with the whole thing.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 08:38:03 pm »
Don't think I've seen more than one wasp this year.
I was thinking the other day how there's none about this year.

Must be in certain areas. ???
Same here I must have seen 1 this year ;D  I hate them so always watch out for them.

I did notice when I was Trad, the noise of the ladders clattering near there nests seems to start them swarming, If I ever seen wasts going into holes or the soffit I always tried to be as quite as I could. I did do a test one day and made as much noise as I could with the ladder and the little Bu**ers started to swarm. :'(

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 09:35:49 pm »
go on to wfp then u can spray tjhe wasp with your water lol  ;D
where theres muck theres money

tacky

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 09:42:08 pm »
up in yakki da   thanks tosh .in the caves i clean .what i found usefull to carry in van is one of them ant powder puff things .only a pound .puff in in entrance hole to wasps nest .next time i clean windows no wasps.