Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Don't like wfp commercial guys (some)
« on: July 24, 2007, 07:41:29 am »
I was speaking to a trad window cleaner yesterday who is switching over to wfp soon and he told me he was speaking to a couple of commercial wfper's.

They told him it's absolutely no use what so ever for cleaning domestic properties.  >:(

I have been told that by commercial guys aswell.

How do they know??? They have never tried it! They probably dont even know about backpacks or trolleys.

So narrow minded! I have no time for that! They should at least try it then make up there mind about using it on domestics.

Rant over ;D

Trevor Knight

Re: Don't like wfp commercial guys (some)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 08:21:51 am »
Well for what it's worth, we clean both domestic and commercial properties, we have only vehicle mounted operations, no backpacks or trollies, and we have absolutely NO problem cleaning either type of premises.

In fact, for us, we find not only are we quicker but now able to get to windows above conservatories etc... that we couldn't get to before!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

aztec

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 02:55:19 pm »
same here trevor no problems at all with either, its the domestic customers that need convincing not me!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 03:08:59 pm »
Maybe its the commercial operators trying to send negative info to their competitors in the domestic market to prevent more competition ?

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 03:28:29 pm »
maybe the windows they clean dont merit using wfp

all old wooden frames, and they find they are quicker with 2 men and ladders you just dont know

at the end of the day, "what ever works for you"

colley614

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 03:41:42 pm »
All I can say is a guy I know slagged the use of his beloved wfp on domestic work saying it was to good for domestic work. But soon changed his mind when a property development company offered him a contract. Not all commercial water fed lads are daft though I know 2 lads that do some of my shop windows with water fed after they have done the offices above and all I have to do is collect.

:) :) 

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 03:48:54 pm »

To me (trad) it's perfectly obvious that if it works on commercial it'll work on domestic...Doh! ::)

NWH

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 03:56:49 pm »
A lot of trad wcs are forever trying to send this message out to there customers that WFP is rubbish and won`t work on houses ect,but what are they going to do when there finally convinced on the system for themselves,for one they`ll have to go and get another round because they would have already brainwashed there customers.I use it on houses everyday of the week and at first was scepticle but now totally convinced.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 03:59:12 pm »
true

but i use wfp, on 50% of my work, now if wfp works for you great, but if it doesnt why feel the urge to fight the person down who doesn't use it on houses,

wfp isnt always right, its a tool, not a toy

NWH

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 04:05:54 pm »
I don`t want every WC round near me using it i`m quiet happy being the only one in the area that has one.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 04:07:36 pm »
haha

your Tunbridge wells arnt you?

im gonna come get you

simon knight

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 04:09:24 pm »
It's always bad form to slag off another w/c's methods. I trad as it suits my round, others wfp cos it suits there's...I've seen one guy who rags.

Who cares on the method as long as the customer is happy and wants you back?

NWH

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 04:11:55 pm »
Alex do you want £60 for 2hours work every 6wks in T.Wells.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 05:00:27 pm »
Before I went wfp I met a wc who told me wfp was rubbish on domestic only good on commercial.  The reason being is that it pulls all the dirt out of the vents and down the windows is what he said.  Well clean the windows without hitting the vents then.

I think it does a brilliant job on commercial or domestic after all it's all windows.  One thing I would say though is you get a much higher speed increase on commercial.  Generally a much higher concentration of glass with little or no access issues.

Simon.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 05:09:55 pm »
On the large houses that i do if the job used to take me 2 hours i now get it done in 1 hour at the most.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 05:26:30 pm »
too be honest mate, tw is a bit too far away, furthest i go atm is newick,

but if you ever get any calls from around that area i dont mind

how come you done take it up?

NWH

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 05:29:01 pm »
I do the job but i need someone for a couple of hours on the day when i do it.

telboy

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 05:16:43 pm »
Is their anyone who uses trad on commercial outsides?

(not ground floor)