Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dustdees

Finding casual staff
« on: July 11, 2007, 01:24:37 pm »
Hi All.

I wanted to pick some of your brains if that's ok?

I am looking at concentrating on the off market a bit more and hoping to use staff on a casual basis.At the moment I use a temp agency but I have to be on site with them all the time, thus restricting my ability to take on more than one job per day. All my reg staff are fully booked with reg domestic cleaning, so can't use them.

Those of you who have casual staff, how did you get them, on what basis do you employ them and what agreed notice do you have with them to come and clean, say 24 or 48 hours notice?

many thanks
Den

dg-cleaning

Re: Finding casual staff
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 05:08:42 pm »
oh and I got my staff by advertising within job centre and places like websites such as gumtree or vivastreet.Bare in mind that its summer hols time so lots of students from uni and college will be looking for temp work and also remember students don't need to pay tax and ni contributions so that can be another handy point and less of a headache for you working out tax etc.

dustdees

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 05:54:49 pm »
Thaks Dg,

Have you got a copy of the contract for the casual staff at all?

If possible I would like to have alook at it and she what I need to do etc...

I still make a profit using agency staff but I have to say that I want the extra profit from using casual staff!!!! Greedy I know but that's business!!!

Thanks for your help

Denise

mike peters

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 01:08:47 pm »
go to www.gumtree.com, choose you nearest town from the list, open it and put as many free ads as you want on it. Be prepared for lots of foreign applicants but we have found our best guys to date...., and its FREE.......