Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ged

algae
« on: June 22, 2007, 06:55:57 pm »
Hi All

can anyone recommend  a good algae killer that will persist. yesterday during a lull in the incessant rain i managed to complete a pressure wash clean of very mossy block paved patio under overhanging trees . the client said it would be green again in a few weeks so i said i'd ask around for him. he is on about having it sealed but i think the moss and algae will still come back. i know its more work for us but this guy has a point it's a really shady damp location.

Regards Ged

trevor perry

Re: algae
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 02:37:33 pm »
sealing is the way i would go as then a hosepipe and brush moves any buildup but if you dont want to seal it then apply algon , it has to be applied on a dry day but you should get 9 to twelve months trouble free
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 02:40:08 pm »
forgot to mention if you do seal it then it is worth adding the anti slip granules to the seal otherwise the sealed areas can become really slippy if the algae is left to build up.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

CVC

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 05:34:04 pm »
I can recommend Algon too. Great stuff and takes the back ache out of it.

KarlJones

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 02:06:54 am »
I would be tempted to make up a few spray bottles of diluted bleach at different concentrations,  go and spray a few test areas and wait to see which one works and for how long.  Once you have perfected it you can start offering this "moss prevention" as an added extra :D

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

trevor perry

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 07:15:43 pm »
personally i would not use bleach ,suppose the customer walks in the house with it on there feet it could bleach their carpets.