Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mrs Nicholls

hi

i tried the magic erasers, but i have noticed that thesethings work by removing the top layer of paint, and the finish looks rubbish, is there any other way before thinking of a repaint?

other half delivers coal and has his dirty hand marks all u the stairs wall and around light switches etc, it comes off fine from gloss painted woodwork, but im having trouble with the waterbased emulsion painted walls.

any hints and tips?

thanks
Lisa

pdl

Hi Lisa,

Get him to wash his hands when he gets in, problem solved!!!!
Never ASSUME, to ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME              Cannock Staffordshire

Mrs Nicholls

oh very funny,  ;D

damage is done now, so what can i do? especially as he is now my ex!
no more grubby marks
thanks
Lisa

PHILC

repaint the wall

DREAM CLEAN

repaint the wall with silk paint which can be washed

works in our house with kids

Cleaning Resource

I always just wash matt walls as usual, (lightly scrub with a green pad and warm water mixed with your cleaning solution, usually a degreaser of some description, until paint softens, then wipe with a cloth and clean water) I find I get better results cleaning matt walls than silk or egg shell, so long as you do the whole wall and not just patches it ends up looking like its been repainted. But to be honest I have only done this on commercial premises that usually have 30,000  ;D layers of paint and flat walls.

Art