Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

cleaning in the rain on ladders
« on: May 30, 2007, 02:08:36 pm »
Its hammering down here, and i mean hammering down

ive just watched a car pull up down the road, 2 guys get out, 1 get back in the car, 1 get up a ladder and try and clean windows

i cannot explain how hard the rain is

why bother ?? ? ??

MJH

Re: cleaning in the rain on ladders
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 02:12:05 pm »
i wouldn't bother my customers would look at me daft :o

xxmattyxx

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:29:44 pm »
I dont work in the rain.

I dont want to get too wet, I cant see how you can do a professional job when your blading through rain on the window, and Im sure 95% of my customers would seriously question it.

Having said that, Im getting dogged off witht his weather. It really hasnt stopped raining for any significant period since April (which was a superb month). Its been like January for the last ten days.

Matt

eddie d

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 04:17:59 pm »
i work in almost all weathers .as yet this year ive had no time off due to the weather .
yes the end product may not be as good as when its not raining ,but my cussties are paying for A YEAR round all weather job .thats what i offer and they are happy with the deal

LWC

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 04:37:34 pm »
i could see wfp in the rain ok, but never trad in my opinion

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 04:49:30 pm »
I've never worked in torrential rain but I've carried on in light rain on occasion in order not to have to go back and finnish a block of houses on another day. This has meant working for some time in wet conditons. With the right footwear it's not too bad on the ladders but the risk def goes up and I try not to have to do it where possible.

I had a pal though many years ago, who used to go out in the rain and just blade off the rain water on the wet side of the house. He was a bit of a cheeky chap. He never used to take a lunch out with him. He would just ask one of his custies to knock him up a sandwich and they used to do it. His custies loved him.

I tried the blading rain water off once, but it didn't work for me. Left marks all over. (Perhaps it wasn't raining hard enough) I've got a lot of good custies, but I don't think they would tollerate me doing that.

matt

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 04:52:00 pm »
it really was hammering down, i cannot put this across enough

ive worked in light rain a few times to get work done OR if i needed the money really bad , its not nice

LWC

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 04:54:25 pm »
asked a custie for a buttie! dear me! wish i had the nerve

even when customers ask me if i want summit i say no, even if i do fancy summit

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 05:25:02 pm »
It was the same here. Either the rain was just plain heavy or it was extremely heavy.

As per one of the postings above, the weather here has also been pretty awfull since January apart from a few odd weeks and days here and there.

As for using ladders in the rain. For me it's a big no as everything gets slippery.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 06:12:12 pm »
asked a custie for a buttie! dear me! wish i had the nerve

even when customers ask me if i want summit i say no, even if i do fancy summit

I can beat that hands down.

I had a massage, from one of my customers, on 4 different occassions, on her massage bed too  ;D  ;D

Shame it wasnt that type of massage  ;D ;D

I had hurt my ankle ligaments and she was actually a sports masseur, I was complaining to her one day about it, hoping she might offer. Which she did  ;D Anyway, her house was £15.00 at the time and whenever I did her windows she did my ankle  ;D ;D

I tell ya she was a looker too, I was sorely tempted, but something stopped me.

I still look back on those visits with fondness, even if those massages did bloody hurt at times.......... ahhh, what a job what a job !!

Matt

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 08:21:00 pm »
I normally pack up in torrential rain, I might finish of a place or a road but not start anything new.  As for light rain well I'll carry on in that wfp or trad.

Was bad today, we got really wet but we still did a full day with some first time cleans as well.

As for blading off rain water, a little charm can go a long way even if you do a bad job.

Getting lunch and massages from you customers, what do you guys get for christmas tips then, better not ask.

Simon

gary999

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 09:35:52 pm »
didnt make a penny today :(
every time got out to clean it hammered down gave went home and
had a kip

SOME ONE TELL ME WHENS SUMMER COMING???? :'(