Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

newbroom

Quoting for consumables
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:41:34 pm »
Hi all,

have been asked to quote for a very large office with 400 employees, prospective client wants me to provide all consumables. I would appreciate help/advice on our to include this in my quote . e.g. pricing etc.

Many Thanks

bob1

Re: Quoting for consumables
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 05:19:52 pm »
You must decide how much you and your employees want to take away with you per hour. If you are hoovering and dusting a room appx 12ft sq, your looking at half hours work. Go to these offices, divide it up intp 12 ft sections and add up your time. Now add on the price of travel, products, the time and effort of loading and unloading all equipment. I generally give myself £10/hr for any type of office cleaning. Just remember it's not only the time you are there that you have to make count.

cleanandneat

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 06:13:58 pm »
Hi there

For offices I invoice the consumables separately. Give them a quote for everything they ask for, for example toilet roll per roll or batch, soap, air freshener...etc and monthly invoice them for what they have used. I generally always get somebody ( general manager, site supervisor ) to sign for my delivery to avoid future problems.

It seems to work well with us.

Regards,
Ildiko
Clean and Neat Service

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 07:32:12 pm »
hi there

24sq ft per hour, sorry mate your miles out.  youve got to be looking at one person ging thro an office at a rate of at least 1000sq ft per hour.

consumables, some companies will want you to include in your monthly charge the consumables cost, DONT DO THAT.

quote them per item, then do a stock check each say 14 days, and then stock as required, tell the client that by doing it this way they only pay for what they use, also you can monitor, any excessive use, and inform the client accordingly, you'll be amazed at what office staff nick, ive used to have loads of toilet rolls disappear.

regards

martin

heritagecleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 10:19:02 pm »
Martin

I think he's saying 12 x 12 i.e. 144 would take half an hour, therefore 288 an hour.

It's all down to the sort of clean you do though, isn't it? I would only cover 500 - 750 in an hour and I still charge top money. Alternatively I know some cleaning franchises say you should be doing 2000 an hour - can't be much of a job though at that rate.

Owen

bob1

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 11:16:50 pm »
Exactly Owen! You should check out the premises and get a feel for the sort of job they are used to. Just take a look in the Gents that will tell you everything! Ildiko's and Martins advice on quoting and checking consumables I would take on board.

newbroom

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 09:16:37 am »
Hi ,

Thanks for all the feedback, i'm going to follow Martin's Suggestion thanks for all your replies.

martin19842

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 07:36:01 pm »

hi there

make sure that you supply them with absolutely everything, provide the supervising service, and your customer should be more than happy with you.

regards

martin