Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james44

DECK CLEANING
« on: December 10, 2006, 05:30:25 pm »
 Hi i am thingking of starting to offer deck cleaning  as a add on to my window cleaning, i already do gutters and facias,

But where do you start, is there any training available, or good dvd`s,

anybody willing to show me the ropes

i am looking for pointers, ie: what machine will get me going chemicals, suppliers etc, any good mailing lists companies for people that have bought decking

Roger Oakley

Re: DECK CLEANING
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 05:42:16 pm »
Hello James,
What is your location?

james44

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 05:52:02 pm »
Hi thanks for the reply roger,

i live in Ayrshire Scotland  but willing to travel to see how things are done

e-mail townandcountry@fsmail.net

Roger Oakley

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 06:07:48 pm »
Hi James,
Decking season is to be honest pretty much over at this time of the year.
Saying that I do still have one to clean and neutralise, when owners get their act together (it's a corporate one so trying to get the job signed off).
Have a look at my web-site link is in my signature, go to our work, I do a lot of decking and furniture restoration let me know what you think.
Do you just want to clean or offer a full sealing/staining service?
When done the right way you can make decks, furniture etc look fantastic.
Roger

james44

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 06:25:09 pm »
Very nice work roger,

yes i want to offer the full works stripping cleaning and resealing,

i know the cleaning season is over but i do not want to wait until february, that would give me very little time,

yes i agree they do look fantastic.

i think this is a quiet market here in the uk at the moment,

that`s why i feel now is the time to start preparing for setup

Roger Oakley

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 09:22:42 pm »
James,
email me your phone number and I'll call you tomorrow (Monday) . Just tell me the best time to call etc. pressurewashing@btinternet.com
Have also seen the answer's to this in cleaningpro's  I won't comment.
Roger

Mikescape

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 08:09:02 pm »
Hello all, sounds and looks like Roger is the main man on the decking front, what a superb website and I would love to be able to offer a service as professional as yours. Maybe in time, but for now i would just like some advice. I've only been in the patio/driveway/decking cleaning job foir about 4 months and have been quite busy, but have been asked to quote for a decking clean, my first one. Is a lance or a fsc on low pressure the best option and what should i be charing per m2. I also see from your website that you neutralise the wood - what do you mean by this and can it be done straight away.
Any advice would be appreciated.
cheers
Mike
Cleanscape

Roger Oakley

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 02:18:59 pm »
Mike,
I only ever use a lance, low pressure (NO Turbo Lances near wood) on decks or any wood. I have a twin lance so can adjust the water flow/pressure as needed. Neutralising is done straight after washing, all my decks are chemically washed (or stripped if that is the case), so after using whatever chem I need to use, you have to neutralise the wood to get the PH level back to 7. Charging really depends where you live I guess and what the market will stand.

Mikescape

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 08:22:23 pm »
Thanks for that Roger, think i could learn one hell of a lot from you, you always seem to make the job look so easy (in the pics on your website). Would you mind if i gave you a call at some time to have a chat?
Thanks
Mike