Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

34ft X-Tel Hybrid (Carbon/Glass) pole
« on: May 08, 2007, 05:35:55 pm »
Have any of you guy's got one of these poles?? If so can you let me know what you think of them.

I'm Just about to order one, and would like to hear some in-put on them.
any advice will be greatly appreciated.

brightnclean

Re: 34ft X-Tel Hybrid (Carbon/Glass) pole
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 06:38:14 pm »
Hi Jeff.

I got one at the Fed show. I,ve hardy used any other pole since I got it. I use it mainly on ground,1st and second floor work and think it's the dog's danglies.

I love the way it is so easy to extend and retract. The clamps are great to use and very positive in action. They are much better than the old excel ones on the universal poles. I would call it a pole for all occasions on anything up to low 4th floor work. Its light ebough to use all day long and saves lugging other pole about.  I dont think it's been on the market for very long so probably no-one can give you feedback on durabitlity but from the build quality I reckon a well looked after one will do a good job for a long time.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 06:45:45 pm »
Hi Jeff.

I got one at the Fed show. I,ve hardy used any other pole since I got it. I use it mainly on ground,1st and second floor work and think it's the dog's danglies.

I love the way it is so easy to extend and retract. The clamps are great to use and very positive in action. They are much better than the old excel ones on the universal poles. I would call it a pole for all occasions on anything up to low 4th floor work. Its light ebough to use all day long and saves lugging other pole about.  I dont think it's been on the market for very long so probably no-one can give you feedback on durabitlity but from the build quality I reckon a well looked after one will do a good job for a long time.
Thanks Dude ;D ;D ;D ;D
Made my day that reply, I think they were only released  this month, so feed back will be sparse.
I seen them on Alex's site and liked the look of them, they look the corgies conkers ;D ;D.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 11:30:23 pm »
This might have done me. Wanted facelift, but after three weeks waiting went for cheapo fibrglass. Came today it's like being a weight lifter but at least I can do my jobs.

I know Alex comes on here and and is a great guy plus knowledgable, and he stocks possibly the best products, but I do not like his web site.
1. It's cluttered with info on how to start.
2.It's not made clear what's a breakthrough product and what isn't.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:49:17 pm »
This might have done me. Wanted facelift, but after three weeks waiting went for cheapo fibrglass. Came today it's like being a weight lifter but at least I can do my jobs.

I know Alex comes on here and and is a great guy plus knowledgable, and he stocks possibly the best products, but I do not like his web site.
1. It's cluttered with info on how to start.
2.It's not made clear what's a breakthrough product and what isn't.
I find Alex's site very Explanatory, it was his site that convinced me to go for the x-tel pole, he has the site set into sections, and yes if you click the link you say, it takes you into a section that tells you all about starting into wfp, this is a very good section for a newcomer to wfp work.

But if your not interested in that section then you just click the link what interests you.
He also has a section that explains about the poles he sells.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 11:56:21 pm »
Same here VGS

Wanted Facelift but couldn't wait so ordered the 15ft & 24ft GF. couple of days later they bring out the new poles :(

Used the 24ft on a couple of akward windows today and crieky it dont half pull on the shoulders. The end caps keep coming off, a couple of clamps keep coming loose. I guess you get what you pay for.

@ BrightnClean How much did you pay at the Show for yours and who from?

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

david wood

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 03:46:14 pm »
ive just orderd a 35foot face lift and a 18foot x tel pole from essential pure

NWH

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 03:51:42 pm »
Well done,i told you they would have em in stock.

david wood

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 04:02:51 pm »
yes thanks you did. iam dealing with tony at essentially pure whos been a great help

NWH

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 04:07:29 pm »
If you need other poles they can also build them to the height you require,they also have a large stock of the ex-tel poles in and are getting the carbon-fiber mix ones in soon.