Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CARPET KNIGHTS

Peugeot Boxer and truckmounts!
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:58:00 pm »
My Van had its first MOT today and failed!

The problem is the back tyres. With the weight of the machinery in the back the van obviously sits low. on the inner rear arches there  is a seam which has been rubbing the tyres and hence have trashed a perfectly good pair of tyres since september. The tread is still excellent. £145 quid lighter and am back up and running, the tyre fitter beat the seam over for me to give the clearance required, wasn't rubbing all the time just when going round corners apparently.

So if you own a boxer with a tm it may pay to check this out!

mines a lwb 3.5 tonne 2.2 hdi by the way.

cheers Goron

Chris R

Re: Peugeot Boxer and truckmounts!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:16:10 pm »
Take it to a weighbridge and find out the fully loaded weight  :o

Full of water, fuel ( van and t/m), all of the other bits that we carry and 2 passengers.

You will probably find that you are illegal ?

My T/M is very light and I am just on the edge of my weight limit.

regards

Chris
Staffordshire

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 09:27:53 pm »
Chris i only have a spitfire 4.0 and the van has got a gross weight of 3.5 tonne so should be ok.

calmore

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 10:23:37 pm »
Have a look at wheel spacers.

Many years ago I had a mini van that used to rub the rear tyres when heavily loaded. (It was quite legal, the tyres fitted were slightly fatter than the ones it was designed for.

The spacers I fitted were only about 1/4" and solved the problem.
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 01:31:15 am »
Goron

Up rate your back suspension; know the AA uses some type of air suspension system.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:12:37 am »
Chris i only have a spitfire 4.0 and the van has got a gross weight of 3.5 tonne so should be ok.

yes but you will find it may only carry 1200 kgs the newer the van the less it carrys hubbys exlwb spriter 07 reg carrys only  1026 kgs cos the things that heavy (its a 3500kg van)

i could legaly get more on a old shape transit 120 swb  ! and wait and see if the new laws are passed at the back end of the year its a.d.r time and tekagraffs for all 3500kgs vans and limated too 56 mph  :-[ vosa want this and if they want it will come in !

Chris R

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 01:49:36 pm »
Goron, the max payload for your van ( without even the driver) is 1525 kg

http://www.peugeot.ie/templates/peugeot06/downloads/specsheets/boxer.pdf

Your spitfire 4 weighs a LOT more than my woodbridge pro mount 20, and like I said, I am JUST on the edge of my weight limit.

If you can find a local weigh bridge they will usually charge you about £10 to check out your weight. Then if you are over weight you can perhaps take out some of the things that you dont use that often ?

But perhaps its better NOT to know ?  ;)

regards

Chris
Staffordshire

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 01:45:51 am »
Chris

I also believe max payload is calculated with out engine oil/ fuel and spare tyre. ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 07:12:17 am »
Chris

I also believe max payload is calculated with out engine oil/ fuel and spare tyre. ;D

Len

yes your right and with no borading out done ! trust me im right on the came with this weight thing 

did you know that if you bump someone and the police get involed and size the van they will weigh it iif your over the top you not insured