Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andrew hogg

new venture
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:45:16 am »
thinking of cleaning conservatories on p/time basis any ideas welcome example how much for gear, best way to clean have just been cleaning for friends with hose and brush attached to a lenghth of wood fair results but sure could do better with help from you guys .just found this site and was amazed the help you all give each other cheers

Alex Wingrove

Re: new venture
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:48:33 pm »
get yourself a pole,

some people use, tfr traffic film remover non caustic, and spray it on using a hand pressure sprayer, you can leave this ten mins to work its magic,

or my personal favourite, "powerfull" hard surface cleaner from janotorial supplies, but dont leave it on the glass too long i.e long that 1min will stain the glass, got to work in small areas and rinse it off, but cuts through everything, i use quite a strong dilution i.e 1part powerfull 8part water

and then a brush from unger the high flow one, cheapest place is soapnational.co.uk and a unger or pulex pole, and some scrubbing action,

andrew hogg

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:14:15 pm »
would you recommend using tfr then anything stubborn use powerful,  do you just take jobs with water on site, do you think a charge of  about £50 is ok. cheers

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 10:15:40 pm »
what i tend to do as i say use hard surface cleaner called powerfull. spray it on and scrub, but only do 2-3 panes at a time, will stain them otherwise, never tried tfr. might be good, you need a water supply, and deepening on if its glass or plastic and how dirty charge according, i like to earn 40-50ph with con roofs

andrew hogg

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 09:57:45 am »
thanks alex bit worried about staining you mention you say 40-50 ph how long does it take you on average using pole

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 06:26:24 pm »
I
P&R Window Cleaning

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 06:27:00 pm »
I use type 10 & 20 upvc cleaner from winzer wurth for the frames
P&R Window Cleaning

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 10:53:14 pm »
no need to worry if you rinse it, just don't go a leave it on there have a chat, or get your stuff ready only spray it when your ready to work.

i have a 5*3 con roof to to next week, frosted plastic, not very dirty just mossy with bit green on fascia bit, will take be 45-1hr from start to finish, i said £40 they are a neighbour as well

She said her window cleaner doesn't want to do it, you can get more because they need more work and skill i find, you don't want to go slipping off the ladder!

but if you price it right there is no need to rush, just take your time get it right, and don't get caught in the hose.

Your there for them not the other way round, if they don't want to pay, just walk