Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

Re: What Solution ? How much?
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 12:05:16 am »
loads of gorgian (about 50% of all my work are these) but if i dont wfp them i still use the squeegee, as for leaded, again, if not wfp then i dab the window with my applicator, rub with sill cloth then buff with scrim or microfibre. I never put a cloth, especially a dirty one in my bucket.

tony

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 08:58:26 am »
wel my scrim never is that dirty if i wash it out frequently. i clean out the sill cloth just before i change the water, so everything stays nice and clean,
plus if you change the water your hands dont get as cold in the winter

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 01:04:52 pm »
Twice a day I put 5 ltrs of water and a small squirt of a good quality concentrated washing up liquid in my bucket and keep a 5 ltr container of clean water in the boot of my car in case I need it, which more often than not I don't. I've tried a number of the different dedicated window cleaner's soaps over the years and found them to all be overpriced and they don't work any better than a good quality washing up liquid.
I take out 3 or 4 clean scrims per day and put them all through a 'rinse only' cycle in the washing machine when I get home. This does me fine for most of the time with the exception of about a dozen houses that face onto a particularly dirty road. I have no idea why this road produces so much dirt but my bucket water ends up like pea soup after just 2 houses. I reckon even with WFP (oops! I mentioned it) doing these would be like doing a first clean every month. It's like a filthy brownish black soot that gets all over the frames. I dread to think what it is I'm breathing whilst I'm working along there.
With Leaded work I use an atomiser with water only (no soap), like gardeners use for their plants, to mist the windows first then scrim them twice. First to loosen and remove most of the dirt, second to polish off

Mark 

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 05:58:08 pm »
what do you use to keep your water in the back. i carry a total of 40l in my car a day, 10l in each crate you know the ones with interlocking lids, green one and a grey one, and 2 10l buckets of water in the crates, this way its stays warmer longer too. and at the end of the day i use the water in the tubs for slopping out getting it all clean for the next day

dudek

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 06:11:12 pm »
The last couple of days i have been puttng a good 3 second sqeeuze into a 3/4 full bucket and a good dollup of swarfega de greaser , the blade is sliding like never before!