Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

acid rinse
« on: August 24, 2004, 10:21:38 pm »
who uses one and do you use it on everything you clean?

Could have put this as a pole but thought it would have more than one answer to the question.

Shaun

Ken Wainwright

Re: acid rinse
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 10:24:23 pm »
My usual is a freshwater rinse, and acid rinse as dictated by the needs of the item being worked. Occasionaly, if I haven't needed to acid rinse for quite a while, I'll run some through anyway to prevent a scale build up on my heater element.

Safe and happy rinsing:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dynafoam

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 11:27:51 pm »
Ditto here.

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 02:14:44 am »
Sad as I am Ditto but as I lend my machine to certain colleagues I have to rinse out after them.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

shaun_pearson

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 02:36:02 am »
i put an acid rise on about 90% of my jobs as i like the appearance it gives the carpet and cancels out any residue left. i apply it as a post spray after each area of carpet i have cleraned then i drag the wand over it.

Derek

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 10:01:38 am »
Shaun

Why not prespray and rinse with your acidic product.. 'kill two birds with one stone' as they say?

Derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 01:50:22 am »
Not sure what you are getting at Derek, I use micro spiltters like most but wondered if acid rinse would be an added advantage in my cleaning tank.

Shaun

Dynafoam

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 03:45:09 am »
Shaun,

I think "Little Brother" was sugesting the rinse in the tank rather than as a post-spray plus further extraction.

The use of the acidic rinse in the tank will do no harm on current carpets, but why not use it only when required to lower final pH.

When used after the appropriate micro-splitter I would think that it would not be required in most instances.

John.

Derek

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 10:26:57 am »
Thank you 'big' brother for correcting me

I assumed that the original topic was not talking about micro-splitters..
Cleaning with a typical chemical cleaner through the machine then applying an acid neutraliser is leaving both within the fibres of the substrate.

My post was to advocate a prespray (this also allows dwell time) and rinse with the appropriate acidic rinse.

As you quite rightly pointed out, Shaun, the microsplitters should be presprayed and a plain water rinse used...unless as my big brother has already said circumstances make the inclusion of an acidic rinse necessary.

Derek

shaun_pearson

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 05:11:02 pm »
thanks derek ill give it a try, but what about where you need the extra wet passes on stubborn areas? i would not have any detergent in my rinse tank? i havea power sprayer which is rarely used i suppose this would come in handy using this method. does anyone use a power sprayer for applying their micro's?

Dynafoam

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 06:29:37 pm »
Shaun,

but what about where you need the extra wet passes on stubborn areas?

As I have pointed out before, if a micro-splitter has been applied and properly agitated, the soil will have been broken down to water-rinse-able particles.

This means that second or third passes do not require detergency to continue to remove soil.

This is a basic difference between micro-splitter and detergent/emulsifier based cleaning.

Naturally there will be instances where a specific spotting agent is required in the pre-conditioning stage, which would probably not respond to most in-tank detergents anyway.

I do use an electric sprayer for misting on micro-splitters.

shaun_pearson

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 01:22:45 am »
yes john but i think derek was talking about prespraying a detergent, brushing it in then acid rinse. am i correct derek?

Dynafoam

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 02:02:37 am »
Too many Shauns & Boltons on this thread.

Derek,

I was not correcting you, sir, clarifying.

Shaun-p,

Sorry, it was Shaun_A that was talking of micro- splitters and my response Re. extra passes was addressed to users of these products. With a detergent pre-spray it may sometimes be necessary to re-apply the pre-spray if several non-detergent rinse passes fail to remove all the soil.

(Hope thas not further confused)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 02:10:17 am »
Confused?

brought to you by

2 Shauns and the Bolton Twins

answers on a post card and can not be taken in conjunction with a calory controlled diet

Derek

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 10:18:27 am »
Too many Bolton's and Shaun's Eh

I will change my name to stop some of the confusion...In future you can call me Dave  ;)  :D

Thank you brother John for the clarification...I was going to add that with micro-splitters agitation is the key.

Remember the cleaning pie!

If one of the elements is reduced the others may be increased to compensate...in the scenario we are discussing maybe a little more agitation is required.

Derek