Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alan_lewis

Savage TMs
« on: August 24, 2004, 08:26:52 pm »
Has anyone on this forum got a Savage electric TM or know anyone in the UK that has, do they have a distributor over here?

Thanks

Alan

Dynafoam

Re: Savage TMs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 08:59:36 pm »
Alan,

I'm not sure they do a 230v system.

The modular approach is interesting but to say that the Savage 1 system can work up to 800 ft sounds a little 'optimistic'.

The airflow figure quoted (with booster) is a little below that of the Recoil 3HP (without booster) and I would not  consider using that at half that distance.

John.

alan_lewis

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 09:25:44 pm »
Thanks John

I would agree that cleaning/working at 800 feet is not only optimistic but in 9 out of 10 cases totally unrealistic, i would bet most cleaners on this board very rarely work more than 200 feet from the van, if you take the distance from the van, into the house and had 50ft of hose inside the house (assuming you use a portable).

Regarding the 230v system, using a generator would solve that one.

Alan

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 10:29:13 pm »
Alan

I've done quite a bit of research into the savage machine and have the vac booster on order.

Bob can make the machine into 240volt form for our electric system.  The 800ft figure is for the solution line only due to the power of the pump and the propane heater.  The idea is to move the vac system closer as required ie. over a distance of 200ft then move the vac closer.

The cfm figures are quoted lower than that of a recoil but then the cfm figures for the prochem powermax portable are the same as those for the blazer truckmount??????  Also the recoil website doesnt quote lift for whatever reason.

The cfm/lift figures quoted by manufacturers are very confusing to me and that is why I'm importing the booster to access its power before I buy/if I buy the system.

Due to the dollar exchange rate its a very cheap machine IF it does what it says on the tin so to speak.

Give Bob a ring as hes willing to answer any questions.

Mark Roberts

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 10:43:38 pm »
Like the recoil its very hard to find information on the actual components of the machine

what vacuum motors does the savage use, i know it use 3 stage vacs , but how many?

the American boards rave about this machine but what makes it better than my machine that uses 3x3 stages vacs or 2x3 stage vacs and a bane blower.

like Ed V  Bob says its in the plumbing but why can't they give actual details.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dynafoam

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 11:22:36 pm »
Hi Mike,

I think that both Bob and Ed would answer your last question along the lines that having spent time and money fine-tuning their designs they do not broadcast the full details to competitors.

I can relate to that.

John.

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 12:15:45 am »
Theres a website that has the patent of the savage and you can read its specs and design details.

The 3 stage vac is a special 7.2 inch that is the most powerful lamb make and uses 2in tubing.  The beast and vac cube has two vacs plus autopumpout.  

I think if the savage is what the yanks say it is then it would be a fantastic machine for the UK due to our high cost of fuel.

I've spoke to five or six owners and they all say its as powerful as a petrol truckmount.

Mark

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 12:22:22 am »
John if Eds competitors wanted to know the design specs of the recoil I'm sure they would just go out and buy one ;)

Mark whats the web address of the design specs?, i might look at lambs website to see if i can find these high powered vac motors, anyone know Lamb-ameteck website address?

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Chris R

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 12:44:53 am »
Staffordshire

mark_roberts

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 01:07:52 am »
mick

I've searched and cant find that website.  Bob will have it.

How come your not using the aquamount along with the Bane as I thought it was pretty good in Preston?

Mark

Chris R

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 01:18:48 am »
whats an aquamount ???
Staffordshire

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 01:20:48 am »
Bob Savage calls his machine an ELECTRONIC as distinct from an ordinary electric machine. The big disadvantage with most American machines is the poor after sales or indeed lack of after sales service on this side of the Atlantic. Hopefully Cross American will be well serviced by Robert Mc Kane.

Bob_Savage

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 04:37:44 am »
Gentlemen,

I was going to help clear up a few things about our electronic truckmounts, but it looks as if Mark Roberts has done an excellent job in explaining the 800' foot statement, and more.

If I may, I'd like to tell you all a bit about myself.

I have been an owner/operator of a carpet and upholstery cleaning business here in the states for 20 years now. I have always been fascinated about carpet cleaning machines, so I imagine that's why I developed our SAVAGE-1 truckmounts. I am also a railroad fan, and am also fascinated about trains. I was amazed years ago, when I discovered diesel locomotives were actually powered by DC electric motors at each locomotive wheel, and the large diesel engine inside that locomotive was actually an electrical generator supplying power to those electric wheel motors.

So, I started building prototype electric truckmounts. Yes, I looked at all the others out there to see what was currently available, and although they did a good job overall, they just seemed to lack the power that a petrol TM would supply, especially in the area of vacuum produced.

We must realize the biggest enemy of any vacuum system is distance - the length and inside diameter of vacuum hoses, along with the hoses interior design as it relates to friction induced over distance.

So, let's talk vacuum then.

In order for a petrol TM to overcome long hose runs, it needs to increase the size of the positive displacement vacuum blower, for more CFM, and more lift. The only problem with that, as was mentioned above, is that our average cleaning job is rarely over 150', and on the average more like 75'-90', at least here in the states. Why overbuild an entire machine for those very seldom instances when we might run over 200' of vacuum hose. Please excuse me for speaking in feet instead of meters, but we here in the states are behind the times for not yet using the metric system  :)

I contacted Ametek directly, and requested a most powerful electric blower - one that would supply good lift, and a strong CFM through 2" vacuum hose.  They came through for me, having visited my shop at least twice to see the progress of our work together.

I had already designed a very efficient vacuum tank, and a very reliable and strong NEW auto pump-out system. That, coupled with Ametek's NEW blower design (not available in any other CC machine that I know of), produced vacuum that even amazed me during our final tests.

Since then 3 years have passed, and it seems all those little first bugs we experienced have been flushed down the drain.

Not only is the U.S. behind the times on using the metric system, but we are also behind the times in our entire electrical system that supplies all of the states with electrical power. Unlike Europe and Australia, we are still on the 110V electrical system, and do not have adequate ways in our homes to tap into the power that is actually there.

So for you chaps, you can run our new EXTREME BEAST truckmount, or any of our equipment, with only 1 and a half  plugs/circuits, whereas in the states, that same equipment takes 3 plugs/circuits!

As Mark mentioned above, our systems can easily be ordered with European electrical components. I have checked all of our components, and have designed circuitry to make everything we build work as well in the UK as here in the states, actually even better for you, since you are on the 230 V electrical system throughout your business area.

I hope this post isn't taken as advertising what we make. I posted here to add to what has already been discussed in this thread.

Although I do not currently have any distributors in the UK, I will bend over backwards to service anything that I sell. I make myself available to talk all during the day, to anyone who owns one of my machines, for I realize that the service one provides is just as, or more important than, the product itself.

Contact me anytime if you have any further questions.

Thank you for reading,

Best regards,

Bob Savage
SAVAGE-1 truckmounts

Ed Valentine

Re: Clearing up the Gray Areas
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 04:22:21 pm »
Gentlemen;

Over my 28 years--to present-- of designing and building some really innovative products, I truely would love to explain every little detail "as to why" our particular product (s) work the way they do, and so on. And, manytimes, I have to bit my lip and move on.

However, as my good friend, John Bolton, respectfully stated through his own experiences building equipment, we understand that our competitors eyes are focused on every little thread and explaination that we make.

And, as Mike Halliday stated, yes, they can purchase a machine and (try to) clone it---this has already happened a few times gentlemen, with companies whom have jumped on the band wagon in regards to CFMs/Airflow concepts in High-performance electric Portable designs that we had introduced way BEFORE CFM's were ever a debate or conversation; along with the very first POWER BOOSTER System (we had patented in 1980); the Modular Concept theory, and many many more concepts and configurations I will not reply.

But, once again, as John Bolton can relate to with his own years and years of experience and expertise in building and designing, we continue to make small advances in the effort of perfection. And, after all these years in business of manufacturing, it no longer becomes a matter of letting the customer field test the equipment because it already has been done long before he takes possession of the item. And, we do not have to ride on someones elses coat-tails because we just continue to refine our own products.

There is "alot more" to a system than just the vacuum motors and the pump, gentlemen, and I must admit and compliment John B for actually being the first and only engineer to expose these (very important) features in several  private e-mail to me. I a ton of admiration for this Gentlemen, and am truely impressed by his knowledge and microscope view of things. Unbelievable and we must have been born by the same mom in years past.

Finally, to answer Fintan Colls question on service: It took us literally, 28 years to seek someone whom would represent our products and service our valued customers in the exact same way we do it here in the States (and other places in the World---never heard any complaints) , and it became very clear after long dragged out conversations that the  McKanes' were the ones. They are truely dedicated to this industry. They are honest, have integrity, and their hand shake is very firm. In MHO, they are the very best and will eventually become a major player in Europe for Cross-American Corp. I wish I could say more, but can't as of now.

I hope I have answered most all questions. But, those are the facts, proof, and history of our company, efforts, and equipment introductions, Gentlemen. I thank you for your reading.

I wish all the very best, including our competitor, Bob S.

Good Fortune to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Bob_Savage

Re: Savage TMs New
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2004, 01:56:35 am »
Gentlemen,

The only thing that I can add to this thread is that our electronic vacuum systems are optimized for both AO and VO vacuum system design.

John Bolton knows what I am referring to.

Thank you again for the opportunity to post.

Best regards,

Bob Savage
SAVAGE-1 truckmounts