Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_gundry

skegness not cc related
« on: August 24, 2004, 09:43:45 pm »
thinking of taking the family to skegness for a break,kids are 3 & 6 ,is there much to do in skeggi?????

info would be great

thanks
lee g
cumbria

Phil Marlor

Re: skegness not cc related
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 10:41:25 pm »

Only ever been once Lee, cant remember much about it.

Would have thought it would be a bit miserable in this weather.

The Lake District is much nicer as you would know.

Personaly I would never go on Holiday in rip of England ever again, much better value abroad, kids love it and its sunny.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Dynafoam

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 11:40:29 pm »
Lee,

I went to Skegness once - it was closed.

The wind on the seafront was so strong that whilst fitting my daughter into her child-seat, the buggy took of down-wind at a fair rate of knots.

Even twenty-odd years ago sprinting was nopt my forte, so it was some time before I caught up with it.

I was so out of breath that I had to sit down and have a fAg before returning to the very much bemused family at the car.

John.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 11:56:39 pm »
Skegness, been there loads of times probably more than 50 mainly when I was a kid, if you like chips and fish, kiss me quick hats, rock, amusement arcades it's great if you look on ordinance survey you'll find a few walks, nice to go to Boston you can climb the Stump, Lincoln is not far but as I get older I only go for the day every 5 years as I now hate it!

Lee I recommend don't go for more than a day trip because if it rains you've had it, I would spend more and go sight seeing in London.

Shaun

SteveTruman

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 10:30:40 pm »
The word Blackpool comes to mind....

Steve

tony harrison

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 01:21:00 am »
With weather like we are having at the present try Spain

We have some late availability.

3 bedroomed villa with its own pool and to keep you cool
air con in all rooms.

Regards Tony H

gwrightson

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 10:46:44 pm »
Lee  ive just got back from skeggy :(
believe me not a great place really not a great deal to do at all even for kids, usual take aways, shops etc.
but still had good time as was on golfing break there
can reccomend that for golfers,
the place to go nr skeggy is ingoldmells just out side skegness  lots to do for all the family, large theme park,lots of differnt attractions etc, largest butlins in uk i believe and am told is ideal for the type of break your looking for
of course you do need the weather
regards geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha