Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

marshy69

Best company to use for Supplies?
« on: January 04, 2007, 11:52:31 am »
Hi Guys

I need to put an order together today for my initial supplies. Could you recommend some companies that I could use that are good value, and could deliver the next day.
Tried to use The window Clean Centre but its shut until the 8th of Jan!! What a bloody mitake they will be losing £500 pounds of business alone now-plonkers!
P.S Apologies if one of you happens to be an owner of this website!

Cheers
Marshy

detec52

Re: Best company to use for Supplies?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:27:32 pm »
I have found Gardinerpoles to be very good, everything you need is there, plus next day post. Hope this helps Rob.
RAH Cleaning Contractors

marshy69

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:47:18 pm »
Hi
sounds good, but have typed it into google and cant find them. I take it they have a website to order from?

brett walker

john tomkins

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:14:30 pm »

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:57:27 pm »
Hi Guys

I need to put an order together today for my initial supplies. Could you recommend some companies that I could use that are good value, and could deliver the next day.
Tried to use The window Clean Centre but its shut until the 8th of Jan!! What a bloody mitake they will be losing £500 pounds of business alone now-plonkers!
P.S Apologies if one of you happens to be an owner of this website!

Cheers
Marshy

If you're talking WFP, my personal favourite is Omnipole.
If you're talking trad, my personal favourite is Soap National

marshy69

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 12:11:13 pm »
Cheers for the advice SoapNational have just earnt £550 from me lucky buggers! But their stuff arrived the next day - Fantastic!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 06:12:34 pm »
Cheers for the advice SoapNational have just earnt £550 from me lucky buggers! But their stuff arrived the next day - Fantastic!

O yeah.  They don't hang around.  I don't do much business with them these days but that's only because I switched to WFP.

Just a bit of history as to how I came across Soap National (this was before I had the internet).  I an area where I did a fair bit of work, some of my customers told me that another window cleaner had been dropping leaflets.  Anyway, I had some work that I wanted to offload (no charge) so I got one of the leaflets from them and phoned him up.  I figured that I could get rid of some work I didn't want and that as he was probably starting out, he would probably want it - everyone a winner.  Anyway, by the time I phoned him he had enopugh work (only wanted a part-time round as he was a fireman).  However, he then gave me the contact details of Soap National.  Until that time I had been getting my trad cleaning gear from a couple of janitorial supply shops.  When I got the brochure from Soap, I just could not believe the prices.  I was saving a third on some items.  Even with the carriage, so long as I ordered a reasonable amount, I still made quite a saving.  So I stuck with them.
What I'm saying though, is that by trying to help some guy out with a bit of work, I ended up saving myself a packet.  I met the fireman around a number of times down the years but I've not seen him recently.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 07:46:56 am »
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

ewanc0

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 07:47:56 pm »
I try to get as much as i can from Wintecs.
They were the first supplier i went to when i started and were a great help in choosing the right equipment etc.

niceandclean

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 04:26:48 pm »
Try www.pure2o.co.uk/shop They sell WFP and Trad gear.

Not much choice on there Martin!!
Just ordered some trad bits from Soap National, 1st time i have used them, so hope all goes ok.

WavieDavie

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 05:49:28 pm »
Well, as this thread seems to have run its course, I thought I'd add this old favourite . . .

A team of sociologists have planned an experiment in isolation. They send an Englishman, a Frenchman and a Japanese man to a deserted island and arrange to come back and pick them up in exactly one year's time and see how they have adapted to life in the wild.

The sociologists leave, and the three men decide to split up the tasks amongst themselves. "I'm an engineer" says the Englishman, "So I'll set about building us a shelter". He turns to the Frenchman and says: "You French are pretty good cooks so why don't you handle the cooking?" The Frenchman agrees, and the Englishman turns to the Japanese and says "That leaves you to organise the supplies". The Japanese man agrees to this and each man sets about his tasks.

The year passes, and the sociologists return to see how the men have coped. They expect to find three desperate men, unhappy at having to live on an island with no home comforts, but instead they find a huge wooden house with verandas and porches and balconies. The Englishman comes to greet them,and when they express their surprise about the house he just shrugs and says "Well, I had a lot of raw materials, so I kind of went to town and did the place up".

The team are simply stunned and are led inside to the kitchen where they're greeted with the most amazing smell of delicious food. The Frenchman sees their wonderment and just shrugs. "I had lots to work with" he says, "This island has loads of small wildlife, edible plants and herbs." They all sit down to eat and are about to start, when one of the sociologists asks if they should wait for the Japanese man before starting their meal. "Oh we don't know what happened to him." explains the Englishman, "He ran off into the woods to sort out the supplies and hasn't been seen since".

They all agree that they should try to find the man, and a search party is organised. They make it about 100 yards into the woods, when the Japanese man jumps out from behind a tree, stark naked with half a coconut on his head, painted seven different colours, peacock feathers sticking out of his backside, and shouts...

"SUPPLIES!!!"

I'll get my coat!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 08:06:31 pm »
Well, as this thread seems to have run its course, I thought I'd add this old favourite . . .

A team of sociologists have planned an experiment in isolation. They send an Englishman, a Frenchman and a Japanese man to a deserted island and arrange to come back and pick them up in exactly one year's time and see how they have adapted to life in the wild.

The sociologists leave, and the three men decide to split up the tasks amongst themselves. "I'm an engineer" says the Englishman, "So I'll set about building us a shelter". He turns to the Frenchman and says: "You French are pretty good cooks so why don't you handle the cooking?" The Frenchman agrees, and the Englishman turns to the Japanese and says "That leaves you to organise the supplies". The Japanese man agrees to this and each man sets about his tasks.

The year passes, and the sociologists return to see how the men have coped. They expect to find three desperate men, unhappy at having to live on an island with no home comforts, but instead they find a huge wooden house with verandas and porches and balconies. The Englishman comes to greet them,and when they express their surprise about the house he just shrugs and says "Well, I had a lot of raw materials, so I kind of went to town and did the place up".

The team are simply stunned and are led inside to the kitchen where they're greeted with the most amazing smell of delicious food. The Frenchman sees their wonderment and just shrugs. "I had lots to work with" he says, "This island has loads of small wildlife, edible plants and herbs." They all sit down to eat and are about to start, when one of the sociologists asks if they should wait for the Japanese man before starting their meal. "Oh we don't know what happened to him." explains the Englishman, "He ran off into the woods to sort out the supplies and hasn't been seen since".

They all agree that they should try to find the man, and a search party is organised. They make it about 100 yards into the woods, when the Japanese man jumps out from behind a tree, stark naked with half a coconut on his head, painted seven different colours, peacock feathers sticking out of his backside, and shouts...

"SUPPLIES!!!"

I'll get my coat!
Loved every bit of that mate what a cracking joke!  ;D ;D

Shaun R. :)

paul saunders

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 11:24:43 am »
**passes WavieDavie his coat**   ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

markybop

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 07:04:39 pm »
Yip gota be www.cleantech.co.uk for me

also use gardiners, soap national and windowcleaning warehouse......
all pretty good.
splish-splash....give me the cash!

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Not Perfect - But Honest

dougster

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 08:28:28 pm »
windowcleaningwarehouse, is one of the cheapest and best i find

davey c

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 04:44:03 pm »
window clean warehouse. It was the 1st time that i had used them the other day. The stuff was cheap and delivered to my door at 9.30 the following a.m . Cant complain about that.. :D
better luck tommorow.......

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 03:07:57 pm »
cleantech are a good company I have used them several times and have had no problems