Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt jones

what to recommend?
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:04:00 pm »
Hi everyone just had a previous customer on the phone asking what she could do to get vomit and blood out of her carpet is there anything she could try herself as she does not want to pay a min charge for me to come and have a go? obviously i have products which would work but god knows what she could try to try and improve the stain?
any ideas guys?
matt

gwrightson

Re: what to recommend?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 06:11:06 pm »
Matt seems a bit of a silly question to me,
surly its your living and that is why you are trained and know how to get rid of stains, and if she isnt willing to pay , why should you attempt to help, especially that she is likely to be unsuccesful.
I can understand that she is a past custy, and maybe a future custy but in my opinion I wouls put to her that she needs your service.
After all its a bit like me ringing a plumber and saying I have a problem with my heating, but dont want to pay, "can you suggest any thing " dont think many would be to pleased
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 06:13:00 pm »
Matt forgot to add,
The chances are she has probably had a go already :)

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

matt jones

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 06:26:14 pm »
I know it is i think she was just after some advice. Like i said i probably have products which will do the job but its ok i found a solution that might help her which she will be able to buy from her local hardware store. Cheers anyway.
matt

paul wright

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 07:38:42 pm »
lol y dont u just go to work  for nothing  ::)

ollie

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 08:11:19 am »
i had some teenagers ring me last night. They had spilt sweet and sour on the carpet and the dad of the lad whos house it was away and had told him not to have anyone round they offered me £120.00 (all pooled together i could here them in the background lol) if I would come out. Unfortunately it was 10.30 and id had a few whiskys. tried to help them over the phone but they had already scrubbed it with vanish and a brush!!!
P.s the whisky was to help get over my near head on collision yesterday morning just managed to avert a head on but my van is badly damaged and i only have 3rd party and it was 50/50 fault (small country lane and ice involved) but as myself and the other driver agreed (also a van)the outcome was better than if we had collided head on. Ive learnt my 3rd party insurance lesson! Nearly broke my thumb too so no work until thumb and van are better lol
ollie