Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CS_Win

A few Qs on Wfp
« on: June 23, 2004, 09:37:42 pm »
My first post so please forgive me. I want to ask a few simple questions regarding WFPs. I've gone through most of the posts but it makes my brain ache!
Q. 1. What happens in the winter with all the freezing water?
Q. 2. How do you deal with dirty water coming off the frames and sills on to the windows below that you're trying to clean?
Q. 3. Inside work - is it possible to work inside i.e. stairwells etc?
Q. 4. How do you deal with bird dirt, labels, anything that you'd  normally deal with a scraper off a ladder?
Q. 5.  Is there anyway of checking spelling on these posts??
Chris

littlejack

Re: A few Qs on Wfp
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 10:10:28 pm »
See my post..  FREE LABOUR  IN N.West I think we are lookin for the same thing  good luck..

williamx

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 11:53:16 pm »
Some answers I hope.

Q1  Don't know as yet but you will need waterproof gloves and jacket plus shoes/boots.

Q2  I clean all the frames first then clean the glass no problems as yet as long as you use enough water.

Q3  If you use WFP inside, you will leave too much water on the floor, unless you carry a mop with you.#

Q4  If you are going from using ladders to using wfp you won't have problems with labels as you should have removed them by now. ;)

If not go inside and lean out the window with your scraper, problem solved, bird muck just needs elbow grease.

Q5  As you are using a computer have you got WORD installed? if yes then just open it and check any words you might need help with ;D

Unlike what the other person >:( who answered your query implied this site is full of people who are quite willing to help anyone who asks without exception >: ;D

CS_Win

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 12:20:27 am »
Thank you littleJack i havent had time yet to look at your post just got in, but i will.
and Williamx thanks too, but for
Q1 I was mainly thinking of ice and the hazard. not just cold hands.
Q2 I think has been covered.
Q3 So I still will need ladders and a footer for insides!!
Q4 I,m banking on a few new ones!!
Q5 It was only a joke. sort of!
Q6 Is it worth the investment?
  ??? ???
Chris

williamx

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 12:58:09 am »
YES

poleman

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 01:43:44 am »
Q. 1. What happens in the winter with all the freezing water?

A: i have only come across the water freezing on the window once and this was 6am in the moring, we went for a brecky and came back and it was fine, we allso take some good salt with us BUT most jobs it is fine

Q. 2. How do you deal with dirty water coming off the frames and sills on to the windows below that you're trying to clean?

A: well we do tops first and by the time you get to the next floor the water is gone

Q. 3. Inside work - is it possible to work inside i.e. stairwells etc?

A: NO not at all dont think the customer would like water inside

Q. 4. How do you deal with bird dirt, labels, anything that you'd  normally deal with a scraper off a ladder?

A: well bird dirt is fine if it is the hard stuff then make a point of just going back over a again, as for labels you would need to get your ladder out for that one as PURE WATER only cleans dirt left behind by the elements

Q. 5.  Is there anyway of checking spelling on these posts??

A: give up on this one :P BUT hope the above has helped you keep in mind thought you can on most water fed pole systems you can turn down the water

Andy

billozz

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 01:20:46 am »
not sure about the answer regarding the water dripping down to the next floor. we have considered wfp but did wonder how we would get round this problem.....its ok if only oneperson doing the work but if ther's two of you the guy doing the groundwork is gonna need a sou'wester. seriously how do you deal with this problem
thanks
bill osborne
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

WavieDavie

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 04:07:26 am »
Same way as you'd work with ladders, I suppose. You don't work underneath a ladder - or shouldn't! Just offset the work, or work from opposite ends but stagger the overlap.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

billozz

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 01:32:33 am »
the problem with that is ....the ammount of water dripping down after blading a window is nowhere near the ammount from a wfp and working from opposite ends wont work because the windows the guy on the ground has just cleaned would be soaked again
regards
bill osborne
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

WavieDavie

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 08:19:18 pm »
How about you both do tops then both do the lower levels?

Where there's a will, there's a way.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Spoonbill1970

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 01:06:11 am »
I've had this problem too. Customer had his house re-roughcasted and it meant that the upstairs windowsills didn't overhang the walls enough for the water to hit the ground rather than walls or windows below. The resulting water dripping onto the walls then the downstairs windows.

Only thing I've come up with so far is to do the upstairs well in advance of the down, and have a reduced flow rate. Hopefully when you do the downs, the water will have stoppped running on to the downs.

Hope this helps.

JSP