Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

marshy69

Cleaning contracts and contact with customers
« on: January 01, 2007, 05:24:29 pm »
Hi There,

I was just wondering to myself,how you keep your business. Do you have a contract with customers and do you send them invoices etc after the work has been done, or just a receipt. I don't mind being taught to suck eggs thatrs fine, just wanted a little advice really!!!!
Any other pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

tatman

Re: Cleaning contracts and contact with customers
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 09:57:29 pm »
some customers ask for reciepts but mainly commerical pubs and shops. For houses i dont bother if i can help it. Just keep you own records. Your dont have to show reciepts. Cash is always better ;D
But you will get the odd one that wants a reciept.

Trevor Knight

Re: Cleaning contracts and contact with customers
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 10:48:49 am »
Hi Ben,

Commercial - Invoice (some pay there and then, some send cheques, 28 days credit)

Domestic (large houses) - Some invoice depending on size of building, some housekeepers need invoice to offset payment from the housekeeping accounts.

Domestic (small) cash or cheque on completion

If out leave a ticket and ask for cheque to be sent to you.

Contracts - Domestic- don't bother
                  Commercial - Most are happy to have a contract if it is a necessity.

I don't have contracts, never have, I always tell my customers that my standard of work is my contract, if I am good and competitively priced then keep me, if I am rubbish or too expensive then sack me!

Never had any problems with that agreement and some commercial contracts I have had 10yrs +

Good luck,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire