Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

woodman

Do you avoid Flotex cleaning
« on: October 27, 2004, 04:33:02 pm »
A cleaner asked me to visit a site today where Flotex is installed in the dining area.It is very dirty as the in house cleaners have attempted several times to clean it. He asked if I would do it which isn't a problem but when I enquired why he didn't do it his answer was;

I can't be bothered with all that, vacuuming, spraying, scrubbing and extracting, too much kit for not much of a result.He said the other cleaners he knows won't touch them now either (so he got old muggins in to do it ::))

Flotex recommend on their site 'wet cleaning using something like a Vax'  ::)
(I kid you not go to there site and you will see it.) So it's little wonder why so many are in such poor condition.

I was surprised that he wouldn't take it on as he is no mug and been a round many years but it just wasn't for him.

Got me thinking are there many out there that avoid it, I would like to know, as I should imagine Flotex would especially bearing in mind the information they are giving out to the general public.

Question for the NCCA here; have flotex consulted anyone at all on this subject or has the NCCA been in contact in any capacity with anyone from Flotex? as its clear they are not guiding their customers  in the correct methods of cleaning perhaps a meeting with them would be in order ;)

mark_roberts

Re: Do you avoid Flotex cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 05:44:05 pm »
So if your friend doesent vac, spray, scrub and extract how on earth does he clean carpets?

Mark

*paul_moss

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 06:10:39 pm »
Woodman are you saying you cant wet clean flotex.
I have cleaned them on a number of occasions with HWE with no problems

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 06:26:50 pm »
Good Question Mark.

Personally the only problem I've had cleaning Flotex is in pre-Host days. I used to do a large kitchen carpet that had four black Labradors living on it - The hairs could only be fully removed by a lot of hand pile-brushing.

ian richards

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 06:39:31 pm »
In my short time as a cc i have cleaned about 6/7 poss more, and i have always had fantastic results!

Ian

Big_Fish

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 06:40:38 pm »
We've cleaned this stuff lots of times. Some of it really dirty near cookers and sinks. Never had a problem (yet) using HWE.

Do the makers really recommend a Vax? Not a division of the same company I suppose?

BFN

Derek

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 04:01:34 am »
Hi BFN

You must bare in mind that some of the carpet suppliers do not (Dare I say) live in the real world when it comes to carpet cleaning.
I am sure that Flotex (Bonar Flooring) recommend the use of a Vax machine for the odd spillage NOT the 'Resurrection' jobs that we have to regularly perform

Derek

woodman

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 08:45:30 am »
Mark ,Paul & the old fella ;D

You haven't read my post, Put your glasses on and read again ::)

I said he doesn't clean them because he can't be bothered with vac,sprayextract etc etc

Paul: I wasn't saying you can't wet extract them.What I was questioning is, is it wise to tell the customer to use a vax on them.I don't think so, as the damage they can do is sometimes beyond restoration.

I was asking if others avoid them for the same reasons as the guy who called me in.

Didn't get an answer to my query about the NCCA though I assume Bonar have never approached for advice then.

williamx

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 09:34:15 am »
I quite like cleaning this type of carpet, normally they are very dirty and the results to the customers eyes is I'm performing miracles ;D and the recommendations that follow are quite good.

*paul_moss

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 12:17:46 pm »
Woodman
You are a nark sometimes. >:(
I bet your customers  love you ;). I can just see you shouting at them if they say something you dont like or agree with ;D

Paul   :P
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

woodman

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 01:38:19 pm »
I don't agree with that ;D

Just so that there is no mistake ,what the Flotex site says in a nutshell is;

Flotex benefits from wet cleaning occasionaly,this can be carried out by using a VAX or a HWE machine.These can be hired from you local DIY store.The solutions they provide will be adequate. :-\

How can they possibly know.

What it should say is use a vax for minor spills and spot cleaning but we recommend once a year you call a professional in like Paul Moss ;D to carry out a thorough clean.

Derek

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 08:57:22 pm »
Trevor

I have visited the factory in Derby and yes, they do advocate a customer cleaning with a vax... see my comment on resurrection cleaning.

Nothing wrong with that...if they don't clean it too well then it's a job for 'Superman'/woman  ;)

Sorry If I didn't read your post correctly...put it down to my age...having a senior moment or maybe senile dimentia

It will be interesting to see other peoples excuses...age can be a wonderful excuse at times...I must remember that

Cheers
Derek

Dynafoam

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 10:17:14 pm »
Trevor,

Mark asked an interesting question.

Do you know how he manages to clean other types of carpet?

woodman

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 09:09:57 am »
Hi John

He uses all the usual equipment, plus DF.

What he was saying is that with heavy soiled flotex he used to carry out the procedure much the same as myself, Vacuum, prespray,roto brush and extract.

very effective but he doesn't want to do it anymore as he feels he's using too much equipment.

I also use Texatherm on Flotex to great effect but of course you can not use DF ;)The advantage of this is the kitchen or dining area is back in use almost immediately.

Dynafoam

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 03:01:06 pm »
Thanks Trevor,

Sounds like we wants to be exclusively DF !

Dennis

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2004, 07:51:46 pm »
Trevor

Sorry If I didn't read your post correctly...put it down to my age...having a senior moment or maybe senile dimentia

It will be interesting to see other peoples excuses...age can be a wonderful excuse at times...I must remember that

Cheers
Derek

Derek B: "Wow, it sure is windy today.
John B: "No, it's not Wednesday, it's Thursday!"
Ken W: "Thirsty? Yeah, let's go get a cuppa!"

Sorry could not resist!  ;D

Derek

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2004, 07:59:25 pm »
Thanks Dennis

No sugar in mine.... ;)  ;D

Derek