Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simonb

Re: Trolley water fed pole system
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2003, 01:30:45 am »
Karl
Thanks for that
How do you know when the window is clean?
Simon

gibbouk

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2003, 02:04:16 am »
i am using peters system and to begin with i had the thought how do i know if the windows clean.. even now i use a downstairs one as a test. do all my upstairs and then do the down, go round the back do them and then check the front downstairs. its getting to the stage now where i dont even need to. but got into the habit now. i must admit my best results are on wood framed windows they come good first time, upvc do take a couple of cleans.
i do 10 showhomes and now introducing them to it. and the like the fact the frames are bright white. also can do the facias in pretty quick time so can keep the price low for more frequent work.

karlosdaze

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2003, 02:33:32 am »
Karl
Thanks for that
How do you know when the window is clean?
Simon

As Gibbouk says. its all a matter of experimentation to find the right amount of scrubbing on each pane. I tested it on commercial first use, with all the vinyl lettering (because I hate scrimming under the letters afterwards). The first clean is always the hardest, I had to do it twice. There is a problem with all the film left on by previous window cleans, infact using gg4 before this helps a lot. The second wash comes up a whole lot better. The bonus is the clean frames, so even when after the first clean, it's not so hot, the second clean shows the benefit.

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2003, 11:50:47 pm »
Hi Guys
Just out of interest how do you sell this method of cleaning to the public I have spoke a few times to my customers about pure water cleaning and the responce was negative I must say.
What makes it harder is to say the 1st clean wont come up clean I really want to get into peters system but worried it wont pay people are quite hard to turn. I find if you talk to customers about H&S the reply is not my problem if they are not getting results for what they are paying for

Cheers
Alan

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2003, 01:02:56 am »
Hi Guys
Just out of interest how do you sell this method of cleaning to the public I have spoke a few times to my customers about pure water cleaning and the responce was negative I must say.
What makes it harder is to say the 1st clean wont come up clean I really want to get into peters system but worried it wont pay people are quite hard to turn. I find if you talk to customers about H&S the reply is not my problem if they are not getting results for what they are paying for

Cheers
Alan

Alan I think a lot is to do with what type of customers you have.  If you have terraced council houses you will get some resistance, as they are usually older people and in all day, they think a window cleaner should have a bucket of soapy water and a ladder.  The private houses are usually people who are out working, and some have already seen the pure water being used on their work or office, they come home at night see the slip telling them the windows have been done and they are quite happy.

Most of my domestic customers fell into the second bracket, any I seen, or any that questioned the way the windows were being cleaned, were explained to the way the system worked, they trusted me enough to accept what I said, I told them if they had any problems to give me a call and I would be back straight away to redo them.  None ever called.

If most of your customers are the terraced houses then you may want to forget a pole system, or you can keep cleaning the houses with your ladder and look for other work to replace the work you have.

I have heard of people giving the customer plenty notice, and giving them a leaflet explaining the process, but I personally leapt into it head first, it was all or nothing, I couldn't climb a ladder when I had a pole that could reach the glass.  BTW I cleaned everything with a pole and squeegee before I got into the pure water, so at least my customers were used to seeing the pole.

You shouldn’t have any problems with commercial work.

Peter Fogwill
www.window-tools.com

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2003, 03:53:19 am »
Hi Peterf
Thank you for your reply on this, since I last spoke to you last I have been getting and waiting for feedback from customers
Many thanks
Alan

james44

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2003, 01:16:44 am »
hi i have found this on a site (white vinegar) white vinegar will eliminate soap residue by adding 1 cup of white vinegar to the final rinse, quote! vinegar is to mild to harm fabrics but strong enough to dissolve alkalies in soaps and detergents, do you lads think if a vinegar rinse was used in the pole system that it would get rid of soap residue first wash .

Reflector

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 09:43:00 pm »
Can i ask..... to do 3rd storey work only, what kind of pump do i need to make sure theres enouh pressure. Any ideas of where to get a 3rd storey pole and trolley system at a reasonable rate? :)