Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

fletch

2 carpets 4 the price of 1
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:43:03 pm »
Had a custy the other day who wanted his hallway cleaning. The carpet was overlayed on top of another carpet acting as protection and it was also not secured. I told the guy that it would not be possible for me to clean the  top carpet without dameging the bottom carpet? was I right in not attempting to clean this? or not  ???
                                    Regards,
                                       Fletch.
DIVIDE & CONQUER

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: 2 carpets 4 the price of 1
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 09:56:08 pm »
I can't see how it would damage the bottom carpet, you are only cleaning the fibres not the backing.

Shaun

Damian

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:00:12 pm »
Unless it was an unsecured wilton-then you would have seen the carpet underneath an all. nice border fitting-free of charge ;D

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:03:23 pm »
do you know I hadn't seen a BW for 12 months or so and then 2 today and 1 of them was on double grippers :o

Shaun

Damian

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 10:12:01 pm »
Not sold any for quite a while-its mainly  polyprop twists and basketweaves-(naturals) etc. Easy to fit and easier to clean ;) Shifting miles of the stuff especially newcastle and hartlepool. Mind ive never had probs wi BW's anyway so dont know what the fuss was about ??? You must be same Shaun , once you know how to clean em it aint difficult ;D

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

the red carpet

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 07:38:02 am »
I saw a polyprop wilton that i would describe as a "belgium wilton" the other day in carpet right
with a anti-shrink label on it ???