Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alistair@AWC

Eco-Flow vs Varistream
« on: September 18, 2006, 12:35:55 pm »
Hi,

I am in need of a Varistream Pump controller but after speaking to Williamson Pumps I have found out there is a huge backlog of orders due to them not being able to acquire the necessary circuit boards, then I remembered about a company that appeared on this forum a while ago called Crow Electro who sell a Pump Controller called the Eco-Flow which essentially looks like its the same!

http://www.crowelectro.co.uk/products/eco-flow/eco_flow.html

I am wondering if anyone has any experience of this product and is it any good or is it just worth waiting for the Varistream to come back in production.

Regards

Alistair

sair

Re: Eco-Flow vs Varistream
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 03:43:54 pm »
eco flow tryed and tested longer than varistream i should know as we make them

so i am biased
Essentially Pure Ltd

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 05:12:45 pm »
Not you we all know your biased  ;D ;D ;D

All we need now is Martin from Williamson Pumps coming on to say the Varistream is better  ;D

Regards

Alistair

JM123

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 06:15:53 pm »
sair- does the eco-flow detect a rise in current drain from the pump and switch the pump off when the hose is disconnected as the varistream does?

How is it better than the varistream?  What does it do that the varistream doesn't, or what does it do better?

I am truly interested so I would appreciate a response.

Regards
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

sair

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 06:46:27 pm »
if you build systems would you like one?

it doesn t dectect varible rise in presure so it does nt turn on off but works with the presure switch it will switch off when the pumps reaches limit to save on battery life it will still pump same flow rate when pole up or down

it aslo is a remote unit available for when working at height on a flob you can turn on off up the flow or lower the flow

it also has a built in capisity to run a solenoid and  booster pump connected to float switct for when running a van r/o

its ip45 waterproof and just looks better is more robust and its designed by window cleaners for window cleaners works with any pump
Essentially Pure Ltd

JM123

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 08:05:16 pm »
I do build systems and wouldn't mind trying one out to see how it goes. 

Ballymena N.I

welmac

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 09:15:27 pm »

it doesn t dectect varible rise in presure so it does nt turn on off but works with the presure switch

hi sair
do you still need to leave your pressure switch in the equation so to speak? i know that many, myself included, had problems with the pressure switches breaking on the shurflo pumps.
however using the varistream bypasses this so obviously does away with this problem.
also whats your price for for this?

many thanks - gary WELMAC SYSTEMS

MartinB

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 09:30:46 am »
I wouldn`t dream of telling everyone the Varistream is better than the Eco-Flow

;D

- each has features the other doesn`t have, and both will do the job required.

It`s good the enduser has a choice - this keeps us manufacturers on our toes.

Martin

sair

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 02:27:26 pm »
hi gary

the presure switch is left in place the varible control unit works fine.

we have never had a pump presure switch in all the time we built systems blow on us as it controls the voltage to pump

have a look at the options

crowelectro.co.uk

Essentially Pure Ltd

cybersye

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 05:10:27 pm »
I have one, am very pleased with it i must say, It would be convenient if it could turn the pump off when hose is diconnected, it does between say 2/3rds flow and full flow, anything less and mine seems to 'cycle' apart from that niggle had no problems, had it about 4 months, I've only got a 250 ltr tank but the water saving has been a vast improvement.
Simon

cybersye

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 05:11:30 pm »
sorry i should have said, i have the eco flow from crow electro  ;D

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 07:30:33 pm »
So to summarise

The Eco-Flow is waterproof

&

The Varistream bypasses the pressure switch

Is that it guys??

Alistair

welmac

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 09:24:05 pm »
So to summarise

The Eco-Flow is waterproof

&

The Varistream bypasses the pressure switch

Is that it guys??

Alistair

so we need a waterproof controller that bypasses the pressure switch  ;)

MartinB

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 10:07:49 am »
Hi Fellas

In answer to the questions raised, the VARISTREAM  -

- Will control the speed of the motor from Zero to Full speed, giving total control of flow of water from Zero to Full Flow.

- Will Automatically shut off the Pump when Pole is disconnected, and automatically start pump up again when pole is reconnected.

- Will bypass the existing pressure switch, which is taken out of the equation altogether.

- Will Automatically sense at what height the brush is being used at, and will Automatically control the pump to compensate and maintain a constant flow of water wherever the brush is.

- Has its own independant on/off switch.

- Has a visual warning to tell user when the battery is getting low.

- Has a visual indicator to tell user when pump is running.

- Has thousands of working  units out in the UK

- Is fitted by many major system builders within the UK and Europe.

www.williamsonpumps.co.uk/VARISTREAM.html tells you everything you will need to know.

Cheers

Martin

JM123

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 07:36:11 pm »
Hi Martin

I asked Dominic these questions a while ago but he never got back to me.

Why is the varistream not waterproof?  I waterproof all of the units we send out but its a right pain.

Why not build pumps without the pressure switch? - saving money, in turn passing the savings onto the rest of us, in turn people will buy more from you.

Regards

Ballymena N.I

MartinB

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 09:04:33 am »
The initial design of the Vartistream was intended for fitting into van mounts, and as waterproofing was deemed not critical,  a decision was made to keep the cost down.

A Mk3 version is on the cards and waterfroofing, along with other additions, is being considered.

We have considered offerring a pump without a pressure switch for use with a Varistream, and just fitting a blanking plate where the switch fits. Our concern is what would happen if say a window cleaner came across a second hand unit and had no experience or knowledge of using pumps?. If used without a Varistream, a pump without a pressure switch would have no protection against overpressurizing, and the results could be dangerous. Such a pump would always have to be supplied with a Varistream, and somewhere along the line someone would sell one on its own!

We do continue to try to improve our products, and all things get considered. Feedback and suggestions like this are invaluable for us to understand what the users require.

Cheers

Martin

JM123

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 05:46:36 pm »
well what about if a system builder such as myself were to ring and order a pump (without pressure switch) and varistream, would you take the cost of the pressure switch off?

Ballymena N.I

MartinB

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 09:19:37 am »
Hi

We can`t just take the switch off as we would then be selling a pump not recognised as a SHURflo model, and that brings all the problems such as part numbers, testing certification, ISO quality procedures etc etc. into play.

We have been working closely with SHURflo regards this option for a while, and when things progress we will advise you further.

Cheers

Martin

Roy Harding

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 03:45:52 pm »
Hi Martin

When do you expect to have the mk3 model availble?

The mk 1 I orderd from you at the NEC is still running great.

Regards Roy