Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin jones

ncca courses
« on: April 22, 2004, 01:32:56 am »
how are the ncca courses rated? Would you recommend them for a newbie? if not, what if any course? :-/

Happyeater

Re: ncca courses
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 01:38:54 am »
Was on the last one myself, well run, very informative and an excellent way for a newbie to get started.

Thoroughly recommend going.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 11:16:20 pm »
Hi Colin

I would recommend a course of the calibre of that provided by the NCCA as being essential. And this would be the first for me to recommend. However, Prochem run a superb course with the occasional advantage that they sometimes take it "On the road" so may be in an area closer to you in the near future. For carpets and upholstery, both of these are 2 day courses. To get most from your initial training, I feel that it would be preferable if you could have a little experience first so that you can relate better to the training. Many of us on these boards will receive calls from new colleagues requiring help and a feel for the job, and frequently we're able to oblige, so look in your (not too local) area and ask. The worst they can say is no. Sometimes the NCCA office in Leicester (0116 2719550) may be able to recommend someone in your area or look at www.ncca.co.uk There's a course coming up next month.

I would be hesitant to recommend the IICRC courses at this early point in your career. I felt that they were a bit too intense for a beginner, and at 4 days for carpets and upholstery a bit too much. With a bit of experience though, you'd love it.
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

colin jones

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 10:29:41 pm »
Thanks Ken

My next question was whats best between ncca course and prochems.
As you said being north of the border not many courses are run here so i'll make some more enquiries with both of the above.

On another topic, how are prochem machines rated?
I've seen their doing steempro powermax as part of a starter kit.

Opinions appreciated.

Colin