Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom_currie

one and the same?
« on: April 01, 2004, 03:34:55 am »
pureo2  = ionic

or

ionic = pureo2
or have i got wrong end of stick

Philip Hanson

Re: one and the same?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 01:25:51 pm »
This was posted by Reuben Reynolds a while ago.
(Reuben is the sales director of Ionic Systems)

Regarding Pure 2 0 Ltd

In the same way that the Ford Motor Corporation own Land Rover, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin amongst many others. The Directors of Ionic Systems Ltd own four other companies in the UK, like Ford each of its companies offer different products or services. Take Richard Branson for example, he owns many businesses around the World and he is well respected in business, his success is an example for us all, starting as he did with one mail order record shop, a one man business, not ltd.

Over the years Ionic's Reach & Wash system has benefited from constant re-investment and quality lead improvements, so much so that a gap appeared between the price of a Reach & Wash system that represents Rolls-Royce quality and other systems on the market.

The Directors wanted to offer all window cleaners regardless of their budget the opportunity to own safe, crash tested equipment. The only way that this could be achieved was to establish Pure 2 O Ltd to offer a safe, crash tested product that features the same quality of components fitted on other machines in the market place with the same level of back-up.  

Like Ford owned companies, their cars all get you from A to B, each one does it in a different way and at a different price, but at least they all do it safely!

The directors of all ltd companies are listed at Companies house, its quite transparant. If a company  wished to hide something about its self, it would never  incorporate.  

What this means for customers is that they can buy from Pure 2 O with confidence knowing that it is backed by the industry leader.

May I take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Let us know if anyone recieves Sean's bottle of Whiskey tomorrow!

Regards

Reuben

Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

tom_currie

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 03:35:44 am »
thanks for that maybe im  dim but take 2 ford transits one with ionic system crash tested tank ro system and polethe other van pureo2 crash tested tank ro system and pole. surely it must mean  2 transits same tank etc or is there something else i am missing apart from price difference  

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 12:08:12 pm »
Tom

I think you'll find that, other than the tank design, many of the components (such as filters etc) are different.
It's obvious that the waterfed pole systems market is changing and the budget Pure 2o systems are designed to compete with other cheap systems that are available.

You'll get what you pay for whatever system you choose!

Regards

Mike

karlosdaze

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 10:45:09 pm »
Tom

I think you'll find that, other than the tank design, many of the components (such as filters etc) are different.
It's obvious that the waterfed pole systems market is changing and the budget Pure 2o systems are designed to compete with other cheap systems that are available.

You'll get what you pay for whatever system you choose!

Regards

Mike

I think it's time for Peter to put his trolley system prices up then!!!

choice.clean

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 09:37:28 am »
can pure 2o supply the new extra light carbon fibre poles at 50% off of ionics price

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 01:54:31 pm »
When a company invests heavily to raise the quality of its products to meet certain standards and the recommendations of the HSE and other European authorities, it is taking the long-term view. In the event that its competitors are not in a position to make a similar investment they may begin to loose market share. When a company looses market share and has no money to invest to match the quality of its competitor its only option is to drop its prices in order to make its products seem more appealing. The strategy of lowering prices is designed also to damage the prospects of the company that made the investment because it knows that quality products come at a certain minimum price.

The introduction of a new company backed by the market leader keeps the market healthy by highlighting that products sharing the same filter arrangement as other budget systems can meet standards and can match or even beat the prices of similar specification budget systems. By taking advantage of the buying power of its parent company set against a background of low operating costs P2O Ltd is able to highlight just how expensive some of the budget systems really are for what you’re getting. Only because the Directors of P2O take the issue of road safety seriously do P2O systems come with a Crash Test Certificate of conformity, otherwise P2O systems would be even cheaper.

Ford also own Land Rover and Rolls Royce, all the vehicles get you from A to B but all the vehicles cost different prices, each one does a certain job for a certain price.
Would you feel suspicious looking at a Aston Martin DB7 or Jaguar XK8 ? No. (courtesy of Len, thank you)
Would you expect a Focus to do the same job as a Defender? No.
Would a P2O system perform the same as any other budget system? Yes (and it would be safer too)
Would a P2O system perform the same as an Ionic System? No
Is P2O the same as Ionic? No

Both companies will be exhibiting at the show, find out why Ionic Systems are different to every other system at the show, find out for yourself why P2O systems out compete other budget systems at the show and cut your cloth accordingly.

Best regards

Craig Mawlam

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 07:26:43 pm »
Craig

Not a good comparison Focus V Defender, you should have used Aston Martin DB7 and Jaguar XK8 more or less the same car.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 07:53:09 pm »
Len,

I bow to your knowledge and admire your class! (I've assimilated your quote).

Regards
Craig

tam

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 12:30:55 am »
I am an outsider looking in. Tam Moffat here. As far as I know. there are no recomendations by the HSE or the European authorities on WFP. I know that there is a working committee, with the "Fed" at the helm, with Mr Mowlam involved, working out a Guide-line to put to the HSE on WFPs. So until the guide-lines come out, all people that want to buy WFPs are at the mercy of the Companies that sell them and the Marketing that goes with each product.
Tam Moffat NFMWC&GC Ex. Council Member.

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 10:08:22 am »
Tam,

I'm talking about the HSL report commissioned by the HSE a couple of years ago as well as the ARBO, Netherlands Labour Laws. Both these documents set out recommendations for the future design of waterfed poles in order to combat concerns about long-term musculoskeletal disorders that may result from pole usage.

Also there are certain requirements of the Road Traffic Act that have generally been overlooked by the industry as well as legislation that applies to the potential for the spread of legionella from poorly maintained water treatment systems.

Being a representative of the industry lead body I'd have thought that you would be up to speed on these issues.

Regards
Craig Mawlam

tam

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 02:33:12 pm »
As i said Craig, i am an outsider looking in, i do not use WFP, and as for legislation, that why the "Fed" had all WFP manufactorers at a meeting, which you attended, to try and get some sort of guide-lines for the use of WFP. I would also like to point out that, as you say, i should be up to speed on these issues well, the committee is representive of people from all over the country who all are probally experts in a lot of fields in the trade and WFP is being dealt with by people with more knowledge about it than me.  

g_griffin

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 01:08:29 am »
Craig

Not a good comparison Focus V Defender, you should have used Aston Martin DB7 and Jaguar XK8 more or less the same car.

Len

I much prefer the roof rack on the Aston though.

Gerry.

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2004, 12:26:37 pm »
Tam,

I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to expect you to be up to speed on these matters.

Gerry,

I agree the Aston roof rack is probably the best in the world!

Craig.

tam

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2004, 02:24:00 am »
Craig, I am wondering why you are targeting me to be your scapegoat on the WFP issue, within the "Fed"
There are a lot of people out there that market all sorts of products, and they have not got the foggiest idea how or what they do,  but as long as the "till rings" they are happy. I just have to mention in house demonstrations. No names mentioned. The same for WFP. You have got on your CV ? Whatever ! I have a SVQ Centre in Scotland. I am, Internal Verifier-External Verifier, SQV Business Management Level 3, Coaching Skills Level 2, CITB Site Safety Managers Cirtificate.
I am also a window cleaner. I have put through about 20 candidates through Level 2 in SVQ in the last 4 years, the first in Scotland, and you are asking me if I am up to speed on WFP. Dont take the mick out of me until your CV looks like mine.  Tam.  

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 11:04:17 am »
Tam,

I'm sorry if you thought that I had targeted you, I simply apologised. Until you placed your second post I had always thought that during Fed meetings the committee discussed issues such as these, when you pointed out that it was not your area of responsibility I apologised for my misunderstanding.

But Tam, why did you decide to make a post questioning what I said about the existance of official recommendations regarding WFP's when as you say it’s a subject you know little about.

Regards

Craig

riz

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2004, 01:04:17 pm »
Another "blinding" post by the "fed" I'll put my membership off again i think. :-/

WavieDavie

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2004, 03:33:15 pm »
Tam and Craig,

I'm sure you'll have kissed and made up, and be the best of friends by the time the Fed show's over. But just in case you don't, could you take this off-board please as it looks like there are going to be two losers in this.

It's very difficult to interpret others' posts in exactly the same vein as they meant them. Quite a lot sometimes gets lost, or added, in the translation at the other end.

I sincerely hope you both have a lovely weekend.

Davie
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Craig_Mawlam

Re: one and the same? New
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2004, 11:45:14 pm »
I actually have a great deal of respect for anyone who has endeavoured to become qualified in delivering NVQ assessments because I know just how much work and dedication is involved. To embrace such an undertaking demonstrates a selfless desire to pass on learning to others in the industry, and Tam you are to be commended for this. I may be wrong but it seemed to me that perhaps Tam, you did not recognise that such virtues exist in the hearts of others.

Perhaps its simply the case that Tam and I do not know each other well enough and maybe we will have the opportunity to remedy this at the Trade Show.

Best regards

Craig