Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

supernova77

Van Mount - Fixing Straps etc...
« on: September 14, 2006, 11:50:26 am »
Hi,

Within the next couple of weeks I want to fit a 400L baffled tank into my Vauxhall Combo van.

Is anyone able to tell me exactly what I need in order to fit the tank securely? e.g. what kind of fixing straps etc...

Thanks,
Andy

drew86

Re: Van Mount - Fixing Straps etc...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:19:05 pm »
I have brackets from freedom but if you approach an engineering fabrication company in your area i am sure they could make you something at a reasnable cost.
Drew.
It was this big.

ronaldo

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:24:20 pm »
Try going to a truck factor and get yourself a couple of short one ton ratchet straps and fix it down with them and it wont go anywhere as long as what you are securing them to is well fixed to the floor or sides of your van.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 02:31:19 pm »
400 ltrs in a vauxhall combo? :o  That sounds a bit heavy for a van of that size! ???

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 02:59:01 pm »
400 ltrs in a vauxhall combo?   That sounds a bit heavy for a van of that size! 

My Vauxhall Combo has a payload of 810kg.  ;)

Andy

Davie T

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 03:58:07 pm »
Contact Cleantech and they can supply all the parts.  Their brackets are stainless steel to avoid corrosion etc.

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 06:47:22 pm »
Or contact omnipole they have proper tank straps

P®oPole™

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 10:06:10 pm »
400 ltrs in a vauxhall combo? :o  That sounds a bit heavy for a van of that size! ???

Hi Groundhog,

I understand you have a 400ltr tank, does this mean that you go out every day in a big van to do trad shining? if so I expect your setting up time and costs of running a large van is rather excessive.

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 12:10:02 am »
Propole I have a Citreon Dispatch, and just because I use mainly trad on domestics does not mean that I do not use wfp, about 25% of my round is now commercial and it is growing all the time, I priced up today for 5 large care homes, in fact I may have to get a bigger van as 400 ltrs on some days is not enough and I may need to take someone on soon, although I am hoping to persuade my brother to come and join me as a partner. Who knows I may be one of the big boys like you some day Propole ;D ;)

welmac

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 12:39:49 pm »
to be honest i am surprised at the amount of people still just "strapping" tanks into vans. remember there is alot of weight there and in the case of an accident you dont want it moving!
on systems we do, all tanks have an angle iron frame surrounding them that is then bolted throught he vehicle floor using 8.8 high tensile bolts and 50mm square plates.
if you get your self to an engineers or welding shop they will be able to make you a frame/cage for not too much.

for the sake of a few quid is it worth taking that risk  ???

freshwater

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 01:43:50 pm »
Welmac is right. It needs framing & fixing down correctly. If you just use straps the tank will move and it may even collapse. Also your insurers will probably deny liability as you did not ensure your load was secure, meaning that you could be liable for all the cost of any accident. As Welmac says it wont cost you much and its well worth it for your saftey & that of others.

steve@freshwatersystems .co.uk