Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M Walker

Update on my company
« on: September 14, 2006, 09:49:25 pm »
Hi all,

I first found this site last year around the time I set up my own Ltd Company providing contract cleaning services. It has provided me with a wealth of information for which I am extremley grateful.

July saw the end of my first year trading. And I have had all my accounts sorted by my accountant and filed.

My gross turnover for last year was 40k which for a Ltd Company is not very much but the year was about networking and building the companies reputation. We are now in full flow & my projected turnover for my next year will be in excess of 100k. I have six employed staff and two company vehicles.

I will be VAT registered from the 1st of October. I still work all the hours god sends and reinvest any spare capital back into the business.

But life is good I have running contracts with schools 3 pubs offices & many others and I get enquirys most days.

I have managed to support my family & my staff which I am very proud off.

My words of advice for all newcomers would be listen learn and aspire to your goals. Do not give up in any instance. You will along your journey meet many obstacles blocking your way. Walk through them Climb over them or just move them but always remain focused and I am sure you will succeed.

I do not manage to post here often these days but I still visit every day.

Mind most of you are asleep when I am online. A Great Site with very generous people.

I thank you all

Regards Mark Walker
The Exeter Cleaning Company Ltd

Billy Russell

Re: Update on my company
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 10:57:20 pm »
good for you mark!!! and good luck for the future!!!!

Fox

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 06:21:17 am »
Hi Mark

What an inspiring post, well done.  It's really good to get updates and hopefully will encourage newbies and show them what can be done with commitment and hard work. 

Fox

leuthedog

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 08:41:39 am »
Mark

Congratulations on the success of your company.

It is such inspiration to see someone that is able to be open about who they are and what they have achieved.

I am very new at starting-up, I've learnt a lot on being on this board as well as doing daily research....often working into the late hours. I've also enrolled onto one of these start-up schemes organised by the Chamber of Commerce; its okay, its free, and though I can find much more on the internet I'm sure I will also benefit from this small course.

Thanks for sharing your news with us and I wish you and your company all the best for the future

whispers

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 10:51:01 am »
How nice of you to post this, i am going to print it off and post it on my notice board ;D when the phone goes cold and that feeling of "what am i doing" comes in i will read it.

The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horses ears...

Cinders

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 04:58:37 pm »
As a relatively new'bie myself, I too am extremely inspired by your post and encourage others to do it. 

More new business ventures fail than succeed so consider yourself a great success!

And hopefully I will be posting a similar story of achievement after my first year of trading.

Well done  :)
If you pay peanuts you get a monkey!